Thread: Dual Headlight Problem

Did the dual headlight mod couple of weeks ago, looks great big improvement over stock setup. Started her yesterday and let her warm up while playing in the garage and I noticed while at idle, the cluster would flicker constantly. Apply a little throttle and no problem. The bike had not been started in a week. Does everyone experience this or is this possibly a precursor to something else?

Check the grounds at the steering stem, I have had one break inside the insulation at the screw lug, the vibration at idle would cause an intermittent short/loss of contact

I would watch the lights closely, when I did mine I couldn't get one of the pins out to swap and messed up the harness so when I plugged everything back together sometimes it wouldn't connect. I would turn the handle bars and the lights would flicker and sometimes one would go out.

I had to replace the clips in the end.

If all that Checks out fine Make sure to check out the Volts reading at Idle & upper RPM ranges make sure to see that the Battery is fully Charged the Night Before you test it. The terminals are Snug and hopefully its nothing. Not sure what year you have some years older Buells had some minor problems with the Regulator Plug melting and connections not tight enough. There's an upgrade kit for that.08+ Buells already have a better wiring harness and Regulator plug assembly.Welcome to the Forum! Hope its an easy fix.*Jimi