Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Chaps ok on a Buell?

why do people keep saying to get assless chaps. They are all assless, thats why they are chaps and not pants.

I have a pair of brown leather chaps that I have had for 6 years or so. Sometimes when it is cold, I wear them. Do what ya gots ta do. I paid cheap for them, and they work. I don't think I'll ever wear them out though, because they are 1/8"+ thick. Sure are warm though.

I saw a dude on a gsxr today wearing black leather chaps with the tassel looking things down the outside seam from hip to ankle! It was cold and rainey, but he was still riding!

Sometimes you gosta do what you gosta do!
    That's what I've been doing too. No tassels though lol. It's been drizzly/rainy the last 3 days, but I stay pretty warm and they fold up real easy once I get into class and work.

why do people keep saying to get assless chaps.Â* They are all assless, thats why they are chaps and not pants.
    That's what I thought too dude! I'm sure there are different styles out there, but to my knowledge and what I've grown up wearing on the ranch, chaps are without the crotch and butt areas. I don't really give a crap seeing as I am more comfortable and safer with them on.

Oh, and btw, I was at a stoplight earlier this morning and a couple guys on there rockets pulled up next to me wearing nothing but a jacket, gloves, and helmet. They asked if I was warm and I was thinking "Here we go, laugh it up," but I told them I was quite comfy and they said that they were freezing. Asked them why they didn't have any gear on and they said that they're also from Texas Tech and can't afford all the gear. Told them my chaps were cheap and you can find them cheap on craigslist. Also said I was thinking about a leather pant, but went with the chaps instead. One of the guys said that I did good choosing chaps since I'm not Scott Stapp and shouldn't wear leather pants haha (lead singer from Creed). Never thought of it that way :)

Tourmaster Cortech: heavy cordura nylon with big side zips, padding, regular pockets with velcro, and velcro thigh pockets. Best overpant out there IMO. They look good, work great, are easy on and off, water resistant, and pack down pretty small. You wouldn't care what others thought if you asked so in my opinion don't do it. You don't see guys wearing race suits on cruisers for the same reason. I don't ride harley's or cruisers and I have never worn chaps and probably never will. If I had a harley or cruiser I still wouldn't wear them. Not really my taste....but to each their own! Staying warm is all that matters.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567