Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wave rotors installed

Direction does NOT matter. Rotors look awesome. Ill be supporting EBR's rear rotor when im ready.

the answer was some combination of they didn't know, didn't care, it didn't matter, and "Buell?"
    haha!

Aibu just want to apologize for the immature people that have to start arguments in othe people threads.
    No apologies needed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the trash talking was uncalled for.

Trash talking is uncalled for and I don't (usually) support it. But to a degree, I think GOduc has a point. Looks like you spent some coin on those killer brakes. Tires are just as important. I've never used your tires and I even think some of the recommended tires in this thread are crap. Either way, we're not trying to steer you in the wrong direction. Although comments can seem harsh, most are just looking out for your safety. We're all brothers to some extent on here. But we are all buellers, so that means we're stubborn and......EXTREMELY AWESOME

All I saying is the tires connect you to the ground, you can have all the suspension setup you want but your tires will either make you or brake you. And you can't have a tire get a **** ton of miles and be soft and sticky at the same time. You want high mileage it will be at the expense of grip and if you want grip it will be at the expense of mileage. Now also, I don't dog on my **** on a regular basis like the picture iposted up there with the q2. I check my air pressure honestly, no BS, before every ride so the engine will run for a minute or two before ijump on it. What's just as important on how long a tire will last is the air pressure and how you ride it. I got 6000 miles out of my q2s because I took care of them the way they're supposed to be. Me in particular, I sacrifice a little mileage for grip which is why I ride tires like the dunlop q2, the Michelin pure, the continental race attack dot, and the bridgestone bt3. Everyone is different and in this case he chose Avon's and I'm sure he had his reasons for that. I just don't coincidence good grip with the Avon. Its a touring tire and probably will get decent mileage. But like I said, with that high mileage you lose grip since the ccompound is harder.

Inactive
    pricey...but the coolest damn rotors i've ever seen in my life. well played, sire!!!

I sacrifice a little mileage for grip which is why I ride tires like the dunlop q2, the Michelin pure, the continental race attack dot, and the bridgestone bt3
    All good tire info GoDuc, i didn't want to quote the whole post and the Bridgestone part got me interested. I put BT-016 on mine and dammit if I've got 1000-1200 miles on them and they are wearing like **** in the middle.at this rate, I'll be out of them at 2500-3000. I do a lot of highway riding which warrants more straight line riding, don't do track days, but ride relatively hard when I have the chance. I live out in the country so I can get away with it a little more. But even with the harder middle, they're just getting chewed up and really starting to flatten out. Tire says 42psi, dealership says 36.

Point being, I'd rather get mileage on mine as I'm not out trying to kill it every ride, and definitely won't buy bridgestones again. I'd be interested in a tire that will last longer.

What tires do you recommend for mileage?

One thing that might be being overlooked is location. When I-15 changes from Utah to Idaho you can hear the change in tone on the tires. I skunked a Corsa III in 175 miles (80-110 mph) on the coarse Idaho highways.

Michelin pilot powers or power roads. And like I mentioned. Check your air pressure ALL THE TIME. you may be surprised on the fluctuations .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast