So I traded in my FZ6 for an XB12Scg a couple weeks ago. I've been riding it almost non-stop (had a couple really cold days I took the truck to work) and have been loving it. It hasn't been completely without problems, but they were small and I have since fixed them.

Today I changed the oil; I don't trust people selling vehicles that the maintenance has been done prior to them selling it. The swingarm oil was normal, wasn't new oil but wasn't horrible. No shavings on the magnet. Somebody dry-gasketed the filter and put it on way too tight, that was fun.

Anyway when I went to change the primary oil, I opened up the fill port, took out the plug, and the fluid came out looking like toothpaste! It had the consistency of oil, but was cream-colored, with a hint of brown. There were a couple shavings on the magnet but nothing abnormal for a transmission.

The bike had no problems shifting prior to me draining it. Should I just flush out as much of the toothpaste as I can with the extra 1/2 Qt of 20W50 before filling it and hope for the best? What would cause this? The only thing I have heard about is problems with GL5 oils eating the yellow metals, but my charging system works fine.