Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery draining very slowly...

Ok, I am going to have to look into the stator or the regulator / rectifier because I took it for a drive again tonight and I am still having issues after a full charge last night.

I tested it when I got home from work today and the battery was fully charged and holding. I went for a ride at dusk and quickly noticed my dash was dim and then when I used my high beam my turn signals would not flash. I carried a volt meter with me and constantly stopped to test the battery... every time I stopped the battery had gotten a lower reading with my last and lowest reading being under around 11 or so.

I really don't want to bring it to a dealer to get ripped off in labor as I am quite handy with a wrench but not with any electrical.

Stevenc150 - thanks for the link above. I am going to have to follow those instructions this weekend when I have more daylight.

Oh, and to add one more thing... my dash did get bright at one point and the battery seemed to be charging really nice but it quickly diminished and then everything went dim to almost no light at the end of the quick trip.

its ur reglator; the regulator is not letting voltage thru from the stator

^Yeah, the connector probably and very easy to check. - Voltage Regulator Connector (#77)

Thanks Stevenc150!

I checked the Stator Voltage and it looked good. Checked the 77 connector and it looked brand new. Ordering a regulator tonight and will let you know if that fixes the issue.

Anthony

When you order a new regulator it will almost certainly come with the new type of Deutsch '77' connector and service kit that I have shown at the end of the document that is linked off my profile (- same one that Steven linked to).
    Make sure you get those crimps done properly because the early XB regulator can supply up to 30amps (depending on electrical load, battery charge etc).

If you don't want to do a factory regulator road cycle.
    Has a couple more bullet proof r/r's.
    I ran a Shindoe f00 in my 1125 it is a popular choice for a beefier replacement.

I ran a Shindoe f00 in my 1125 it is a popular choice for a beefier replacement.
    Thought you ran a Mosfet, RT?

I ordered the stock regulator from ASB and it arrived today! Installed it, my new ASB Open Airbox kit, breather re-route and now she is running great! However it seems to be running higher RPMs than before... probably just needs a tune. That will have to wait thought cause tuning is so expensive and I don't dare do it myself the first time.

Thanks everyone!

Running an open airbox will definitely make her run more lean. You're intaking a lot more air throwing off your A/F ratio. A tune will fix you right up, but yes, they're just a little expensive. Just save up slowly lol. It's certainly worth it. I wouldn't worry about it right now. Keep ridin it like you stole it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12