Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want A Keda Exhaust/ECM!

Hey guys,

I would really like to get a Keda pipe on my 09 1125Cr along with a programmed ECM for the pipe. I thnk I want the Keda2 as it seems to be louder than the others, but I could be wrong. I have an FMF pipe in perfect condition and programmed ECM for sale or trade.

Thanks!

What a coincidence, I happen to have a Keda RT-2 and a EBR race ECM for a Keda pipe for sale. $700 + 20 for shipping, The pipe was 726 and the ECM was 250 when new 6 months ago. Both have 800 miles on them, and are off of my track bike.

Check out my thread in the classifieds, I have a bunch of goodies for the 1125 series for sale.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sa...-up-for-grabs.

Oh dang, I saw that post the other day for all your stuff for sale. Must have overlooked the Keda? I was going to PM you on the fairings, but I dk if the racing fairing is what I'm looking for or not. Here's the deal, nitto, I need to sell my FMF pipe and ECM first before I can buy a Keda. I think the RT-2 is what I want. I honestly dk what the 2, 3, and 4 mean. I'm guessing possible pipe length or they're different designs? I'd like the loudest one out of the 3. Don't wait for me; $700 is a lot of money that I don't have right now, at least until I sell my FMF, but I highly doubt I can get that much out of my pipe and ECM lol. I just wanted to get my pipe out on the market so I could do this asap. Really like the Keda design and sound!

RT-1 is an oval shell, single outlet to the side.
    RT-2 is the same, but dual outlet as pictured above.
    RT-3 is a single 4" round shell, outlet is to the right side.
    RT-4 is a dual round shell setup, it's also the most expensive since it takes a while to make it.

I've obviously run them all on my own bike, I currently don't have anything on it at all since I shipped out a couple of them (RT-4's) to EBR for more tuning. Most of the past summer I ran an RT-3 and ended up with the latest version of the RT-4 a few months ago.

The RT-3 is probably the loudest of them all, but it's a subjective call. 110+ db at 5k rpm requires ear plugs if you want to keep your hearing.

Power is pretty much identical across the board, ie; they make more than anything else out there except for a full system, like the FMF full or EBR's full system. The limiting factor on mine is the stock headers. That may eventually change, possibly next year.

RT-1 pic.

RT-2 pic is above.

RT-3 pic.

RT-4 pic.

Well let me know, I have a few nibbles thus far. I can honestly say though that the sound this thing produces will be what I miss most when the bike is gone.

From the youtube clips I've listened, it's like an orgasm to the ear. Close to the D&D, but not as raspy and I love the dual openings and how the exhaust is centered under the bike like how all Buell pipes should be. I'm going to try and get mine sold! Is it pretty easy installation? My Cr came with the FMF already on it, so I've never put an exhaust on yet.

With the muffler and ECM install it should take you not more than an hour provided you have any mechanical skill.

Here is a video with this pipe on my bike at LVMS. I dont think the video does it justice though. It sounds much different in person.

So something I've never noticed before because I haven't payed much attention to it, when turning, you actually idle through a lot of it? I've never had any track experience and I grew up racing motocross and that style of riding is completely opposite of street bike racing. I'm trying to get proper form down, but it feels so weird to stick my knee out in a corner and I didn't know to idle around them. Is this a correct assumption?

The mic doesn't pic up the lower rpm's very well, but I try to keep on the gas a little just to keep the rear tire loaded, then role on the throttle as you exit the corner.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast