Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Tyres do you all use on you XB12 bikes???

I just ripped through a set of Continental Road Attack 3's in 2980km....

I have no idea what tyres to get now.

This is what i have had so far and how long they have lasted.

- Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2's set Front+Rear = 8000km
    - Pirelli Diablo Strada set Front+Rear = 8000km
    - Pirelli Angel Front = 12000km
    - Pirelli Angel Rear = 6000km
    - Continental Road Attack 3's Rear = 2980km

Today I got a Set of Front+Rear Continental Sport Attack 3's for summer fun.

Looking at getting the Michelin Pilot Road 3's next...

Any thoughts???
    Anyone tried the Bridgestone or Dunlop???
    What model tyre do you have and what do you think of them???

Michelin power 2ct. That's what I am switching to. Heard great things about them and thy last a while with great grip. They also last a while from all the reviews I have seen.

I've got Pilot Road 2 2CT on my bike for the last 2 or 3k miles. There are no twistys around so I can't comment much on that aspect. I haven't noticed anything like strange wear patterns or lack o9f traction.

Bridgestone BT-016's for decent wear and good grip.

I'm on my second set of 2CT's and love them. I live in SOCAL and use my bike every day and they wear good going back and forth to work and I am able to drag knees on weekends.

I put my second rear pilot power 2ct on about a month before I put her away for winter. Performance wise it is a great tire. I live in the Adirondacks, the roads don't get much twistier. The first tire had 50/50 highway miles and back roads of the Adirondacks. I got about 5800 miles before the tread got low enough that i didn't trust it in the rain. I prolly could have got alot more out of it but i'm a better safe than sorry kinda guy. Grip wise though this tire is phenomenal. I only ever slid on it once and it was a 45 degree morning i forgot to warm the tires and decided to go 55 through a 15mph corner when i pegged the throttle the back tire spun and slid. Otherwise this tire has been perfect. I ride on a lot of uneven pavement and run into loose stone often, it has never faltered once.I even had to do a four hour ride home in the rain on one occasion, it never slipped once. I highly recommend it if you are gonna be on twisty roads. If you ride the highway alot the center is still gonna wear pretty fast and I would recommend a pilot road rather than a pilot power in that case.

dunlop qualifiers around 3000 on the rear and 5000 on the front

I had Michelin power pures on my xb9r and my 1125cr and now have Pirelli corsa 3s on my cr and I absolutely hate them, warm up is at least twice as long as the michelins and I have no cornering confidence with these. But I got them with a new set of rims so I can deal with it for the winter months.

depends on what you want out of them, and what you do with them, your riding style, curves, highway, etc.

I'm running Dunlop Roadsmarts. I've had them for about 3000 miles and they still look new. I ride mine daily and even in the rain and they are really good in the rain. The only time they slipped is when I hit a patch of mud on the road in the rain from dirt coming off of truck tires leaving a dirt road. That was also only because it was in a turn. I know the spot so now I take it a little slower and more upright and have never had a problem again. They have excellent wet traction and I like that they are dual compound so they grip nice in the twisties when its dry. I wanted a dual compound since I do use my Buell as a daily driver so I wanted them to corner good when messing with the twisties but have longevity when just doing normal riding. I was originally going to get the Pilot Roads but they werent in stock when I went to get tires but they have the Roadsmarts plus the Roadsmarts were a little cheaper so I just went that route.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast