Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebolt Picture Posts...

Administrator
    Good question. I'm not sure, but I've seen airbox covers with slits in them for better air flow. Sort of like a cowl induction hood for a truck or muscle car.

How about creating a forum just for picture posts and a how to section as well?

Those covers are so expensive its not even funny.

Hi I have an xb9 f bolt almost the same as the one posted .I have a race kit also . But the best thing I did was the air box cover and kit . With the k& n air filter it realy sucks air and it sounds great . On the dino it flatend out the curve and made my bike more responsive . It looks great too with the blue .:D

I would like to buy a used xb12 motor . I am thinking of converting my xb9 . Do you know of anyone who has done this .

There are companies out there making big bores, but you might have the same amount of money into your engine as you would finding a used 12 engine. You would need ECM, harness, throttle bodies, intake manifold, header, and the whole long block set up. make sure to get a set up with the primary and tranny set up also. It will make your work a lot easier.

hey Buellxb,

i have a 12 and hated the exhaust sound also...that all changed after talking to Kevin at www.kdfab.com and sending him my stock pipe and he did his "econodrummer" conversion on it...there are several Drummer pipes to chose from and if you talk to him and tell him your intentions (more sound, more hp, etc) he will build the pipe like you need it...it was the best mod i have ever done to any bike i have ever had...no one can believe the sound my bike makes now it is absolutely unreal, my only regret was waiting as long as i did to do it. and if you have a service manual, taking the pipe off and re-installing it is a breeze

the first time i fired it up and let it set there and idle after installing it was indescribable.

go to the website, talk to kevin, and do it now...its like getting a whole new bike.

Do you know of anyone that put a nos kit on there xb9.Is there a kit you prefer . How well do they run ?

sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread just wanted to post my picture
    04 xb12r mirrors are gone btw

just wrecked my xb9r ouch.......................

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast