Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Firebolt Picture Posts...

This is my 03 Firebolt. I have a Ceramic Coated Race Kit, 07 airbox mod, and a Storz Steering Stabilizer. Its fun....Wish it was a 12...:p

Administrator
    Nice Buell! That's funny, I have a 12 and I wish I had a 9. The power is insane on my 12, but I hate the sound of the factory exhaust and I keep hearing bad stuff about the race kits on the 12. How do you like that Storz steering stabilizer? I really think it would be wise for me to get one of those.

Trade ya for your 12?....lol. I love the steering stabilizer. When I first got the bike it had the ****ty Dunlop 208's on there and it would headstem shake even if you just let go of the bars, it was bad. Now I can set it down from a wheelie at 75 and not even get the slightest bumpsteer. I will never own another sportbike without one.

As far as the race kits on the 12's, what have you heard that is bad? I have seen quite a few bikes go out the door at the shop with em on over the past year or so and never had any real complaints. The most we have had is come backs for when they are cold they would tend to "hunt" for idle. That was remedied by just hooking it up to digital tech and recalibrating the TPS. That and dumb guys wouldn't let them warm up enough before they thrashed 'em, and they would foul plugs.

Administrator
    I've heard the XB12's ping real bad with the kits and the dealers try to adjust the timing to fix em, but that doesn't always work. I've also heard that even if they do work it doesn't last long before the pinging comes back. What should I expect to pay for a stabilizer? That will be my first mod aside from the custom plastic melted to the exhaust from my jacket lol :D

I can get the stabilizer for $357.95 retail. I can have it in a few days, but I am just getting it through Parts Unlimited, so you can get it just about anywhere that is a P.U. dealer near you. Storz is a very good quality versus others I have seen.

As far as the pinging, we have had a couple come backs with that complaint (I went back to service and asked them), but it was fixed by setting the timing and re-flashing the ECM. If you dont flash the ECM after you set the timing, it will relearn itself back to a stock timing set-up and pinging will occur again. And hey come on, pinging means lean, and Lean is Mean.....:p lol j/k

Administrator
    Ahhh, no good. I just got done telling you about my melted jacket and right after riding today I thought it would be a good idea to throw my bike cover on. Needless to say it melted to the exhaust. I'll never learn.

Bummer man. Those covers aren't cheap. I have an idea, put a sticker on your exhaust the says "Caution HOT" then you'll remember...:p lol j/k

Administrator
    Actually the cover was cheap. I bought my Buell on eBay and had it shipped. My cover is the nice, soft, free blue cover the trucking company used to protect the bike. I use it in my garage just to help keep extra dust of my bike. I'd like some kind of heat shield or neat looking cover for the pipes.

I have seen some carbon fiber pieces before. I'll see if I can trace them down again and see the cost and who makes em. Most popular thing I have seen is header wrap from cars...

I keep hearing about the airbox mod for 07. What exactly is the mod? I just bought a new aircover that i will be venting in the near future.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast