Thread: I need help again( Jardine exhaust)

question 1, QMI insert 2in or 2 1/4 in ? inside diameter is 2 3/16 on my pipe
    2 Torque Fix mod ? where do I look for info, what does it mean?
    3 The Cable I need to hook to my pc,and software, where do I buy it?
    4 the qmi insert, does anyone have one they would like to sell?
    Thought I would get the main questions out of the way first, cause this may get lengthy . I have an 09 Uly , just installed a Jardine exhaust. I love the sound, not so sure about the neighbors? I don't like the pop back on deceleration. From reading some of the posts, it sounds like, the torque fix, what ever that is would take care of that problem. I don't know if I'm capable of remapping the ECM or not. I have some computer skills, but I'm close to 70 Years old, ain't as sharp as I used to be. The guy at tunaversity, will help my out for 300 bucks, I will go that route if need be. Would appreciate your help, thanx Dan

DJ,

The insert will not change the popping on decel, it is inherent in the design of the jardine and one of the reasons I chose the jardine ti. Most of my neighbors are in their 70's and it is my duty to keep them young and off balance.

My next door neighbor just turned 81 and she has a love hate relationship with my bikes. I think if she were 40 years younger I'd have my hands full kepping her off the back of my bike.

As for torque I reccomend getting a race ecm off the shelf and a K&N. If that doesn't solve your problem maybe go with more cubic inches. All the parts you are looking for can be found at American Sport Bike.com

Hoakey dokey Smokey lessssseeee if I can help yous

1. Call jardine if you have questions about their qmi. As far as I know, they make one that fits any and every jardine for buell.

2. torque fix mod . Is essentially a qmi just internally done. Same thing practically. Reduces the exit coming from collector into muffler. And will quiet down the muffler slightly. I did this to mjne. As far as power? Eh? Maybe. Ifeel it did defenitly take away the flat spot around 3000 rpm that jardine's are notorious for. If you do this mod you may as well repack the muffler as well. Since you will have to take the muffler completely apart for the mod. The jardine qmi jps considered a better idea though since it sits on the tip exit of the muffler and can be removed easily if you don't like it. Whereas the internal torque fix mod is more permanent and would require taking the muffler back apart to remove.

3. EBay. Ecmpspy cable. Or eBay buell cable.

4. Americansportbike.com. or call jardine directly

Also. If restricting your exhaust by either method (qmi, or torque fix mod) it is essential to tune it properly for the back pressure, etc. For maximum results. I know some people have used the qmi's and had everything be OK. But really, get it tuned.

For that—————>click the tuniversity link over there on the right side for all your tuning needs

With regards to what union thug said, I agree, will have virtually no effect on decel pop. That's all about proper tuning

And also, the jardine is practically the poppiest of all mufflers. Why? Its packed with fiberglass, baffles and /or gutted jps a more efficient means to reduce popping. Also its riveted at the seams. This allows free air into muffler, increases popping. More efficient means to reduce pop would be a muffler that's one piece welded unit. Such as the drummer ss or buell race muffler. Also of course pop is all with regards to a good tune. Any and every muffler should be tuned

A ebr race muffler is a good place to start, however I'm not a believer in them. Most importantly with regards to tuning:

Tune for your bike specifically
    Tune for where you ride specifically (altitude epsecially)
    Tune for your weather specifically

Ebr race mufflers don't take these three into account and can therefore be hit or miss practically, may run great, may run so bad your bike explodes. If you do buy a race ecm my advice would be use that as a starting point and fine tune from there. Or skip the race ecm and start from scratch. Either option can be easily done, talk to the tuniversity and he can explain everything further.

And lastly, jardine mufflers suck. They wanted to make them so leightweight they used cheasy material and that equals a cheasy muffler. Thy are reasonably priced I agree, and if price only allows you to run a jardine they're completely suitable for street use. But if you have some extra money, I suggest something with better quality.

Thanx for your help, these mods should keep my out of trouble for a while:p

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...pping-be-gone.
    Unless you like the popping, of course.