Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yakkers?

So I've seen post for bicycles,snoboarding and snowmobiles. And I do all love m all but another thing I love and realy gets my adrenaline pumping is whitewater kayaking! I'm no pro but I've dabbled in class4 rapids and real crazy 3's. It one thing you can't control your speed and can realy see things you will never see with a motor. I also have touring kayaks but the fun is in the waves. I have a liquid logic remix xb10 I love it's realy stepped my skill level up having a good quality boat. Anyway just was thinking a few others might have this hobby in common as well.

Don't have one but have been talking about it for the last couple years... I'm really close to the Salt River so it would be a great place to learn the ropes.

I have several touring kayaks. Haven't tried whitewater yet. Can't beat camping on a sand bar in the middle of the WI river. (Well ok with the exception of the bike on some great back roads)

i dont white water but i have a tarpon 120 outfitted for fishing. i love it!

I live a couple hours away from the new river in WV. I've been rafting a couple times, once during release days on the upper gauley and another time on the new river, the upper gauley has class 4 and 5's throughout it and I had a blast. I've been thinking about getting a kayak tho and starting on easy flowing water then move up to the rapids!

i got two colemen 10 footers and a 12 foot canoe i use at least once a month on the spoon river and mackinaw river here in IL, no rapids but some logjams do get really interesting:D mostly fishing and camoping use tho. i have one yak set up for channel and flathead catfishing. hookin on a 20 puond flatty is comparable to splittin two semis at 120 on the bike! its a rush! Fishing and riding are my life, work just pays for it. HAHA!

Haven't done whitewater but I've enjoyed my 13' fiberglass Tomahawk canoe for 15 years now. Took the kids out all on little day trips all the time - taught 'em the ropes. Have always been facinated by whitewater though.

I have perception Kayaks, no whitewater with them though I have been down the Colorado in Utah where they had 3's. and the Snake River but both were in guide boats. My kayaks are for touring and 2's at best.
    We have a ton of spots in NY and VT.

BR

I started with just a cheap victory recreation kayak hitting 2's and used that boat till I cracked it in a class 3 but I got my money worth outa it . Now I got a remix that can handle white water but has a scag for flatwater. I also have a old town Camden for long trips I can really load that down to go camping! My girl freind has a wilderness systems pungo that's not bad just lacks dry storage. Where in NY are you from BR?

I'm in Buskirk about 13 miles east of Bennington VT. We have the Battenkill, Black Creek, Little Hoosick, Hoosick, Poestenkill, Walloomsac etc. much navigable water in my area. I love the environment but it costs a fortune to live here.

BR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast