Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common problems on XB12R

Oh rocker cover gaskets sometimes leak just something to look for, you see oil on the top of the cylinder typically the rear I've heard of the oil getting into the fan behind it and going everywhere too. Rss should help prevent this.

Getting mine, when I factored in how unique they are, and it became even more apparent that I wanted one. I actually started out with a Ully in mind, with the thought there in mind of more 2-up riding, but when I saw the XB12R - that did it.

As long as you [study up] on any bike you buy most won't be to much of a deal to work with. Now if you are NOT a Mechanical type or Knowledgeable then a Buell is a good bike to start from that you may want. Actually (ALL Bikes) take more Maintenance THAN Any Car OR Truck. All Bikes need Good maintenance.
    So many people want a Trouble free Vehicle on Every OR lot of Brands but it Really comes down to what you are Capable of doing.
    The Foreign Bikes are Kinda Trouble free BUT/ most that ride the Foreign Bikes are not everyday riders. They seem to be for Nice days OR I call them Fair weather Riders. I have seen bikes 10/years Old come in to My shop, and I am amazed how low the miles are. I'm like do you ride this OR just look at it!? Now there are some that ride the Bikes no matter what the Brand/Model etc.,that Have to ride cause it's efficent and all they have to get around on.
    Then there are some Riders that GET the Bike near the 10,000miles area on the Meter and BAM! FOR SALE!OR Trade!, cause they know that the Serious Maintenance is Right around the Mileage Corner.
    SO it Really Depends on what YOU are [ready] for Maybe a Great Handling Bike LIKE the XB12R model bikes or the Great Lighting model Bikes OR the 1125 OR CR Buell they all Once you set up the Suspension for your Weight is Fun and gets you around with so many cool modifications that you can do that is Affordable and you can make the Bike your Own as so to Speak. I have Several Bikes in the Collection and YES my Rc51 Honda is my Favorite. The Buell XB12R-08 is also my Favorite! Well I just can't make up my mind right now. Maybe its' the R1 yamaha, Either Way,[Always] check out the Bike you want before you Buy. Factory Recalls and So on! Make SURE to know what to Expect out of the Bike you Choose!
    I'm a Member of Several Bike Forums AND no Bike is [Trouble free], once you Log some Miles on it.I've been riding and having Fun on Motorcycles for 40years and have enjoyed ALL of it.I love the Sleek Styling and the power of each bike I own and with Time and patience every bike has good points and bad. You'll get over that easy enough. Learn to ride well and each Bike can teach you something if you will listen to her.
    V-Twins -4cylinders it's all about what you need and sometimes just what you want. I always Wanted me a Buell XB12R since they came out.BY GOD I got me one too! Enjoy whatever your Decision and GET a [Damn Manual] on it. Then Read it and go from there. AND JOIN a good forum. Especially if you can't turn Wrenches to good it will be Helpful. Buell is a good Forum for the Buellers and we Like it that way.If you ever fall for a Cretain Bike you will want to tinker and work on it just for Enjoyment OR learning. Just make sure you learn it the right way. Good Luck on your choices.*Jimi

does anyone know were I can find out if my 2007 xb12r can be upgraded with the 2009xb12 crank and whats envolved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12