Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo

I have a xb9s and I'm wondering what turbo would be best for my bike, and what maps to use. Any info would be great.

A small one that doesn't get a lot of boost but spools fast and it would have to be a custom map. Might need new injectors also. If you want it to last a while I wouldn't just slap a turbo on tune it and go. Build the bottom end up a little to handle the added cylinder pressure. New ring too.

I'm a turbo guy myself. I built a 430rwhp Turbo R1 from the ground up. I also have a turbo RX7 LSX and have built many other setups in the past.

To be honest, putting a turbo on these XB's is a bad idea. If you want to actually enjoy your XB, leave it alone. If you want more power, put a 12 motor in. If you're set on a turbo, get a liquid cooled inline 4 and buy an off the shelf turbo system.

Raven. You know they were designed with turbo in mind right? The actual turbo for them was supposed to be from aerocharger. Go over on the buelletinboard, ericz has a pretty detailed build.

yep, one of the prototype xb's was a turbo model. Harley mucked it up with trying to make their own turbo

yup they even had a hole in the frame on the earlier models that i read was built in for the turbo hoses to run through. I heard around 150hp and really reliable. Harley squashed the idea though.

I would suggest a small Mitsubishi turbo. They are designed with quick spool in mind. Maybe a td03 or maybe one like this:

Garrett T2

The trim on the exhaust wheel should spool quickly, but you would have to experiment with the compressor wheel. I'm not sure how well the equal-length header will work, but the keys are; keep pressures up in the exhaust to spin the turbo, and get the timing right.

As far as the maps, you might (do some research) have to put a fuel pressure regulator on it that has a vacuum hose run to it, so you get the right fuel and the right manifold pressures. IMO it would be a ROYAL pain in the @$$ to figure out, and I would strongly suggest you get theoctopus involved. It would be a kick-ass ride when it is done though!

I have an 03 has the hole and everything just missing the turbo that goes there, that's why I'm interested in them

Christian. Ericz actually used a Garrett model on his and he documented his build very very well I've contacted him a few times about it actually. There's another guy currently posting about tuning his turbo so if you have questions it is continually being covered.

Wolfo, do yo know what model Garrett he used? The link I put on there was for a T2 (off of a 1800cc engine). I only mentioned a Mistubishi is because the reason they used them on the chrysler 2.5L turbos was because they wanted a fast-spooling turbo. I prefer Garrett/AIResearch, and a lot of the other brands use the same/similar design.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast