Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DeanAdamsDesigns (Keda Design) Exhaust systems for sale

Hybrid View

A few of you have one of these, I guess a few more have heard or seen them either in person or videos. Yes, they're loud, but these are some of THE most powerful systems out there for 1125's. XB pipes are showing about a 10% gain just with stock fueling, so there's still room for improvement with them.

Everything is hand built to order with 304 stainless steel, so I typically run several weeks behind. Occasionally I'll stop the ordering process if I get too far behind.

I build for both 1125's and XB's. EBR has an ecm available for the RT-3 and they have the RT-4 in hand now. I will eventually send them both XB pipes when I have spares to send them.

I also modify the stock 1125 exhaust outlets to give a little more sound and re-direct the exhaust away from the wheel & swingarm. This one sounds pretty good without being obnoxiously loud.

Got questions, shoot me a pm or email me at dadams1969@gmail.com

www.deanadamsdesigns.com

http://www.buellxb.com/Buells-for-Sa...iring-brackets

So... a couple questions for Dean or anyone in the know:

1. I need a frame of reference from someone who's heard both the XB-1 and Drummer SS on an XB12 (I've only heard the SS), opinions aside, how does the xb-1 sound volume compare to a Drummer SS? Not quality, not tone, just pure volume. At idle? At cruise?

2. Has anyone had to repack a Dean Adams exhaust yet? How difficult? I don't own a rivet gun so that means I've got to take it or send it somewhere...

They're probably pretty close, mine may be just a smidge quieter.

I've repacked a couple of 1125 systems, turned out none of them needed it. Only one that I know of has actually needed a repack, Jim Dugger's RT-3 is it. Race track use only, who knows how many miles but it's been abused pretty hard. In the couple of years he's had it, it's lasted longer than anything else he had put on the bike. I believe he went through 3 fmf systems in the same amount of time, all of them stress cracked and blew apart. Mine's still in one piece. The hard part is lining up the holes for the rivets, other than that it's pretty straightforward. None of the XB systems have needed a repack to my knowledge.

That's good info. Exactly what I'm looking for. If it ends up too loud (xb-1 at cruise), have your ever made a quiet insert with success?

Not without having ill effects on performance. I typically ride with ear plugs, regardless of whether the bike has a performance or stock exhaust. Last night was the first time I'd rode more than 2 miles without plugs (I did about 12 on a test run) and the wind noise is what gets you. I'd kinda forgotten that since I've been using them for so long.

I test rode this last night.

If anyone is curious as to what Dean's pipe sounds like on an 1190rx on the track.

Sound clips:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43...ew?usp=sharing

Best one IMO:

Last edited by noone1569; 08-11-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Finally got a chance to get to a reputable dyno shop, Cycle House Performance off of Watson Rd in St. Louis.
    They've got a Bazzaz Principia dyno which apparently reads 15% lower than what Dynojet shows, so it's similar to a Superflo dyno in numbers. That said, it made 155.5 hp and 82.9 ft/lbs of torque. In Dynojet numbers, that equates to 178.8 hp and 95.3 ft/lbs of torque. As I recall, mine made 162/85 on a dynojet in stock trim. That dyno isn't available now, so eventually I'll have to put mine back to stock and take it to Cycle House again for a "stock" run.
    Jerry (the owner of Cycle House) saw the air/fuel display on my bike and watched it at the end of the runs, it was reading 11.6:1 or so and he'd mentioned if I leaned it out up top I'd see another 5-7 hp easily since it was so rich. Well, there's a wrinkle to that. My bike was initially dyno tuned, but for the last couple of months, it's been ROAD tuned at speed, as in logged at whatever I was riding at. On occasion (more often than not) I did exceed the posted speed limits in an effort to capture valid data. Apparently the RAM air effect does work. The logs showed an AFR of 12.5-12.8:1, which is what I was after on the road. I guess what this means is, even though it shows as running extremely rich on a dyno, it's not rich while out on the road, and is potentially making even more power than what was observed on said dyno. It's possible I broke 183-185 hp, but without that forced air induction to prove it out, I guess I'll never really know for sure. I will say this, the bike was fast before, now it's even faster. Looks like it's a solid 10% gain in power from the exhaust and tuning. I'll take it.

Those are very impressive numbers! You do bring up a great point about the ram air affect. What about a leaf blower aimed at the airbox intake during a dyno run? It's not perfect, but you'd get 100mph airflow Yes, I'm serious

Pre-programmed ecm & exhaust package.

http://www.deanadamsdesigns.com/prod...products_id=47

Full programmable ecm (with the cable) & exhaust package.

http://www.deanadamsdesigns.com/prod...products_id=48

Dean! Are you experiencing some hard times!? That's an awesome price for the ECM and custom exhaust!
    WOW

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast