Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a nice surprise...

I'm the new owner of a xb12ss 2006, not bad for a first bike!
    The surprise is...when i was washing the bike i noticed too straight paralel cuts under the exhaust, 2.25" long, one at 4" and 9" from the end of the pipe. The bike is equipped with a k&n a/f, the only thing i know.
    What should i do know?

econo drummer?

some pictures would be a nice edition...also check the part# on your ecm (under seat)

sorry, i dont no how to post a picture.... my ecm# Y0152 3A8 05179, the bracket that holds the ecm was broken...so it was easy to read

above the forum menu you have the search/my preferences/your photos => there you can upload your pictures.

to add them to the post, under the smilies to the right you can choose 'add your photo'...click the picture you want added.

as far as i can see, you still have the stock ecm.

Thanks LeFox! theres the picture of the 2 cuts on the exhaust. Today i did a test, i've put the stock air filter and tried the bike, result, there's still a slow trottle response and bogging at low rpm. Is it possible that these cuts on the exhaust causes this?

looks like someone just cut some holes in it to get more noise????

That's what it looks like. But what is low rpm to you? Under probably 2500-3000 it may not have great throttle response. You may not be "up on the cam" yet. I doubt those cuts made all that much difference. Not more than the ecm could recalibrate for anyway.
    Just my thoughts...

yeah, some people are sooooo cheap! i just hope it didn't do any dammage to the engine.

yes low rpm means under 2500. For the trottle response its when i'm on neutral, the first 1/8 of a turn the engine bog and almost shuts down. But now that i've put the original a/f, should i run the bike at 3500rpm for 20min for being "up to the cam" and recalibrate the ecm?

changing the airfilter will give you that since the ecm was (or atleast should have been) learned in with the k&n.

changing anything to the setup (in/outflow) requires a ecm reset & learn-in period.

i would suggest welding those 2 cuts shut, cause it's a horrible job that does nothing good for your bike.
    either get and aftermarket exhaust or do the job properly (inside).

2 options to solve your problems:
    - stock muffler & breather re-route...use original airfilter, reset ecm, learn in and you're good to go
    - aftermarket muffler, breather re-route & remap/race ecm...use the k&n airfilter, reset ecm, learn in and you're good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast