Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02 xb12s with aftermarket D&D

I just got into my first buell and 02 xb12s. it has a D&D exhaust on it and being new to this all I have two questions please.

1. the bike runs like it is carbuerated and tuned to lean (sputtering and spattering for about the first 10 minutes of run time regardless of warm up period). Suggestions????

2. the D&D is too loud for me. suggestions for a quieter exhaust system(muffler)? do i have to change out the entire pipes or just the muffler?

Thanks from a rookie sportbike/buell owner.

Gee i wish new you wanted to get rid of a D&D pipe, i just put one on my STT, and frankly from what i read and sampled i expected it to be louder than what it is. it's just right for me. i'm sure you can find someone on this site that would gladly trade for a D&D. your header would be stock and does not need replaced with muffler. if you decide to keep your D&D you have several option's; have your bike tuned on a dyno, get ECMspy and learn how to do it yourself (that's my next move) some type of electronic jet kit like dobeck techlusion, or a race ECM. i'm sure i left a few options out.:p

thanks for the info. Yeah I guess I should have included that info on here as well. Anybody wanting a D&D pipe, let me know we will work out either a price or more likely a trade. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertjeric
    1. the bike runs like it is carbuerated and tuned to lean (sputtering and spattering for about the first 10 minutes of run time regardless of warm up period). Suggestions????
    get the ecm reset and learn it in.
    if you don't have a k&n airfilter with open airbox...it should be running better after that, but i would look into getting it tuned or get a race ecm.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertjeric
    2. the D&D is too loud for me. suggestions for a quieter exhaust system(muffler)? do i have to change out the entire pipes or just the muffler?
    d&d is one of the louder ones...
    for quieter exhaust you have many choices...those with removable baffles or a buell race muffler would be a good choice.

thanks for the suggestions. any recommendations for best places to buy from for buell parts. the reason i ask is that i stopped in both my local hd/buell dealers yesterday, inquired about prices for rear tires and exhaust systems and they looked at me as if i just flew in from pluto. "sorry but we do not carry anything for a buell" they said. so you sell them but you don't have any parts i inquired?? oh yeah we do sell those bikes and we have parts but nothing for a 02 the enlightened salesman responded.

this was all provided without benefit of a computer or even a buell catalog but was confirmed by his trusty sidekick who without missing a breath said "nope no parts, none of the newer stuff will fit the o2"..thanks guys..

so I have come to you folks for guidance and assistance, as you can see have found more out in two or three posts than anywhere else.

speaking of parts my rear tire is a 170/60..will a 180/55 fit? looks like it will clear the belt/swingarm but has anyone tried it?

I dunno about the tire, but as far as parts go, depends on what kind of parts you want, just search this forum for pretty much anything you can think of and you will get a decent amount of hits. Lots of info on here just waiting for someone to utilize it. LeFox will probably chime in with a list of websites soon. Best bet is to list the parts you are wanting to look at and I'll post up some links of what I know is out there.

thanks i will get to work on some stuff

Gilbert,

I am looking for a D&D exhaust. Email me if you are interested in selling it and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks

ejmcvey(at)gmail.com

gilbertjeric, refer to your bike as an '03 and dealers will have a better reference...(built '02, model '03 ;))
    (=> or i'm missing a model year here in euro country )

also...almost never go to a dealer for aftermarket stuff.
    the price is higher and they don't know a thing about it.

the stock tire on a xb12 is a 180 so go ahead and fit that asap.
    (=> or i'm missing a model year here in euro country )

Hey Gilbert, If you don't work anything out for the D&D hit me up at shilohsk8@aol.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast