Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Might as well post(new noob to Buell XB)

Thanks to EvilRX he notice a error I made and now it's fixed

Figure I should give you guys a quick update

After waiting over a month for my heads, one of them is cracked...

A shop up in Omaha said it was going to take a week to machine my heads, but nope he came up with a excuse every week telling me why he couldn't get them done until today. Then ****ing tells me sorry one is cracked but we can fix it for 600 bucks, then he said I'll be nice and only charge you only 250 bucks. He was going to charge me 300 bucks for both heads, thank you for discounting me 50 bucks for taking over a ****ing month and then cracking one of my heads. If I didn't give him my new valves and guides, I've would of told him to keep the heads and I'll look for new ones, but those parts alone are over 300 bucks, god damnit...... End rant....

So now i'm on the hunt for a new head

So here is the good head, look how nice and clean it looks

And now the bad head, if you look closly you can see a flat spot by the guide. It looked likes it didn't go in straight

You should have had the guidework done, then did your port work. We always do all the repairs/machining prior to the porting and flowbench. Once in a while we may have to touch a seat or two from the port work, but it better not be much or too often or you're off your job! What you have done looks very good though! Sounds like you have some decent guys helping you out!

Wiggle2 the only work I have done to the heads before giving it to the machine shop was getting them coated. I was planning on doing port work but that never got done. Thank you! yeah it helps out alot with the friends that had helped me along the way!

After talking with these guys http://www.hammerperf.com, they said that shouldn't of happen, sounds like he didn't press it out properly, or didn't have the right tools
    Also planning on taking it two top machine shops who know castings quite well to get their feed back.

After all of that I am planning on talking to Clifford and going to fight to have him get me a new head. Yes it's a long shot, but I hate being ****ed over.

Well....Thats good you didn't lose all your time in your port work! I don't know what your coatings cost you, but hopefully you didn't lose too much! I hope it all works out for you!

Dan and Aaron over at Hammer really know their stuff. They put together a custom package for my Blast - high compression piston to run with the XB cam, Stage 2.5 head, 30* Squish band, .063" overbore. Went together flawlessly, and even before the sale, Dan helped me troubleshoot why the bike was running poorly after the head swap.

That's the easy-to-work-on fun bike. The firebolt is what I ride when I want to go fast :)

Finally got my head back, the shop I took it too did admit he screwed up and did fix it for me. Had a friend that does blower port work clean up the port and is at another buddy's machine shop getting a clean up pass on it.

Woot heads are done

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast