Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racing Stripe Part 2

Alright time for a quick update. Went and got my stuff for my breather re-route this morning. Got it all together and routed, looks pretty good. Here are some pic's.

The 2nd pic is of the hose being routed down and back to the filter and the last pic is of the drain tube. I still need to pick up a plug for it since the auto parts store didn't have one. Other than that is was really easy and straight forward. Tomorrow I'm going to give the HID install a shot so pictures will follow with that. Should also have my filter for the forcewinder monday. I'll keep this updated.

*Note: The throttle cable is in rough shape so I'm going to order a new one, in the mean time I adjusted it and cleaned up so of the fray wires.

So I received my filter today, pn #RC-3680 and there's a little issue. The filter didn't come with any pre-made holes in it for IAT or emissions crap so I need to figure out what to do with my IAT. Here's a few pics.

Any idea's? I guess I could mount it on the top or bottom or put in in the actual tube like the original (Not likely). Other than that the fitment looks like it'll be perfect.

Alright, so tonight I put on my HID kit from DDM and everything matched up. The set up was pretty straight forward, although I had to modify the headlamp a little bit where the harness comes through as the connectors were bigger than the hole.

I got everything together and mounted but ran into 2 problems. 1 being I had to remove the connector on the stock harness to push it back through the hole. I got ahead of myself and forgot to write down which wire went to which slot on the connector. So is there anyone that knows of the top of their head or could check theirs?

An 2. the new bulb for the HID sits out too far and I can't fit the lamp back into the cover. Is there a smaller version bulb I can get? Or am I missing something here?

I have the same intake and i drilled a hole for the sensor on the inside so its hidden... I'll take a pic for ya.

Here ya go...

I drilled it half way through the bend and facing down about 45 degrees so it is not visible looking at the bike. I have the same K&N as well. Hope this helps.

I drilled a hole as well just like Nwrider did and have the IAT inserted right into the elbow. 1000 miles and working fine.

Thanks NWRider & Pur Pony for the input. Looks like I got some work to do tonight after I get home. On another note, anyone have any input for my HID situation? I was messing around with it last night to make sure I wasn't being sloppy with the fitment and still no dice. The bulb sticks out way to far to be seated back into the cover. So either I put it back stock unless there is a slimmer bulb I can get?

Sorry red.. Can't help ya there.. I am running xb lamps. Nice bike btw!

Alright so I was pretty productive over the weekend despite the cold weather. I got my intake "modified" and its going to work out perfect I think. Thanks NW and Pur. I used some Honda-bond gasket maker to seal the IAT in the tube. I drilled the hole just big enough to fit the sensor in there but leaving the lip. Still need to route the wire to my liking but its functional.

As for the HID kit, I took it off an put it back to stock since I couldn't find a solution for it atm. I did have a sylvania bulb that had a blueish tint to it so that will work for the meantime. Here's some pics of the bike as it sits now.

Got a few questions. I'm sure someone has relocated their horn on a tuber? It's just not working for me where its at. I'm thinking about moving it up by my oil cooler. Inputs?

That's all for now. Probably going to order a set of MDI carbon fiber tank aceents as well as a new roller for my chain. Also going to clean up the paint and polish some of the aluminum on her while I wait for the weather to break.

I made my hole big enough to use a grommet.

I had the same idea about hiding the horn.. it does not look good in the stock location.

I hid mine under my tank and mounted it with a p-clamp to the frame above and to the right of the front ISO mount. You have to remove the tank which is pretty simple. After its unbolted you can spin it sideways so you don't have to remove the fuel line. It obviously isnt as loud where it is but at least I still have a horn.

At the time I did not have a bolt and nut small enough but if you look in this photo you can see there is a small unused hole to the right of the ISO mount. You can bolt the bracket there for a cleaner install. Either way you have to twist the bracket around to make it fit without touching anything. I hate unnecessary rattles. I will eventually mount mine that way since the clamp does not need to be
    visible.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast