Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wanted: Velocity Stack

Any word on the fast kit or re-production?

Has anyone thot about retro-fitting the Japanese markets Active Intake System for Buells, they got ECM adjustable stacks that would shorten or lenghthen according to RPM, Load and Speed?

Why would you want a taller stack? A Buell makes more than enough tq stock and it's only going to make more with a longer stack. If anything I would be wanting more hp oriented mods.

I do realize that a gain in one is more than likely going to improve the other. I just don't see the need in more tq. The only thing worth having there imo would be the heat blanket but those can be made easily.

And you said you remove the air box completely???? How do you get a filter to seal around that stack if not using the stock airbox and filter?

Correct, a longer stack improves torque, but a shorter stack is better for high revs, so, why not have both in 1, the rubber stacks are midrange, longer for low revs, shorter than stock for high revs, makes more sense to me for a street bike than having a dedicated high or low stack

That leads me to another question. Is there a difference in the 9 and 12 velocity stack? Are the throttle bodies different cfm?

Correct, a longer stack improves torque, but a shorter stack is better for high revs, so, why not have both in 1, the rubber stacks are midrange, longer for low revs, shorter than stock for high revs, makes more sense to me for a street bike than having a dedicated high or low stack
    Been told somewhat the same. But the differences or gains in power torque, and where in the rpm range are going to be rather samll. Practicality unnoticed. Meaning if you lengthen the stack you won't be losing a lot of high revving ability. It would be a small minuscule difference. Just what I was told though.

And you said you remove the air box completely???? How do you get a filter to seal around that stack if not using the stock airbox an
    And yes. Its run just like in this picture. This isn't my bike. but airbox is gone and only thing covering filter is the airbox cover with buell emblems. Which is going to, of course allow more air since it doesn't have to travel through a restraining airbox. How it connects to scoop. I'm not sure. Mine will hopefully be soon ready.

THAT is sweet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234