Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking info for buying my first Buell Uly

Hey everyone! Ill be looking for a buell Ulysses real soon and was looking for some general and specific info on the buell and Ulysses itself. I didn't see a post addressing this. I've heard things about wheel bearing issues for example. Parts availability is a concern also. Is there a buyers guide of some sort? Things to look for and questions to ask? Uly or XB specific of course. I am experienced in general streetbike maintenance. Ill scour the forum also :)
    I look fwd to joining the buell owners group soon!

Thx

there is a buell buyers guide here somewhere, just do a search at the top, I have the Uly, 08 model, not a lot of difference between the models, other than seating position, suspension, and add-ons

Inactive
    mine is a 2007 uly and i bought it last october with 2900 miles on it for $4400. had to make 12 hour round trip in 1 day to fetch it. one of the single finest bikes i've ever owned and that's saying something as i've had hundreds. they are extremely comfortable, tons of torque, easy to maintain, great suspension and brakes, wonderful MPG. i could not be happier. seems that $5000 or so is the entry price for a good low mileage one. mine had no luggage so i installed soft luggage on the cheap. i know of no issues or problems with them if you buy a clean example with reasonable mileage from an owner who took care of it and didn't beat it to death. my 2007 has the orange seal colored bearings and i THINK they're the good ones but even if bad, very easy to change. choices seem to be limited on what's available in the Uly world and they hold their value. buy one and you'll never regret it. they're a keeper..IMO.

the only info I have is do it!

they are awesome bikes - for touring, dirt road and even everyday commuting!

I'm in the same boat as gsxr1k (originator of the post). I've been set on a Uly for some time now and now it's just a matter of finding the right one. However, my concern is long-term parts replacement for wear and tear items like brake pads, rotors or anything else that may be very specific to the Buells, I'm worried that once the 7 year parts guarantee runs out that parts will simply be so difficult to find and/or extremely expensive that it will be impossible to keep the bike. Are there significant differences between the motor that's in the Uly and the motor they use over at Harley? Would parts be interchangeable should something devastating go wrong? I plan to buy a Uly and ride it for a long time so my thinking tends to be more long-term. All of the folks who have already posted are correct; they are an awesome ride. Thanks for any additional thoughts on this.

Its funny you ask about parts interchangeability. I just started a thread with the same concerns as you. Check it out: " parts interchangeability list for Ulysses and either XB's "

Thanks! That's one thing I haven't gotten into the habit of... Check the forum before asking my question! Sorry about that

No worries, I can never seem to find what I'm looking for on that search anyways
    :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast