Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Dream

So I had this bad dream last night that really bothered me and I think I know what triggered it: As I was coming home from work yesterday I stopped by Veys Power sports to get some cable lube spray. As I rolled in with my Hawk pipe a blaring, the folks that work there came out to see what pulled in and one of the fellows is a Buell fan and we get to talking about parts availability for our bikes. He told me a horror story about a broke primary cover bolt that the dealer did not carry and when he asked for a Sporty primary cover bolt the parts guy did not even blink when he said they are out of them also which I am guessing was not true. So last night I have a dream that I bring my bike in to a Harley dealer for whatever and was told that nobody will work on my bike and got laughed out of there! I know I can find parts but I am nervous now. My 2009 XB just went over 19K miles.

Any and all HD dealerships have the ability to work on and order parts for our bikes. But pretty much all HD, with the exception of a few, dealers are assholes and won't do **** for any Bueller unless it was a Buell dealership at one point in time too.

I went into the local HD asked to order a key with the PN in hand. They told me they'll never be able to order that and they can't even find that PN I gave them. Showed them my PDF part's list. They said I must've made it up. Called the closest HD/Buell dealer (90 mins away) they said since Buell is owned by HD there shouldn't be a problem but most HD dealers are stupid like that.

But at any rate, worry not my friend as the part's become less and less avalibly someone will start making them. and as far as working on them... Get a shop manual and tear that bike apart!

but most HD dealers are stupid like that.

My-exBuell HD dealer acts like buell never existed(at least for the most part) . They have one parts guy that rides one (hes my go to guy) and one mechanic that does most of the Buell work and he readily admits that he works on so few that he really doesnt enjoy working on them so... last break down, i tore into it myself i figure if i really screw it up then ill let the HD guys really really not enjoy fixing it:D

So far my HD dealer is still great to work with on service and parts if they have them.

had the same thing happen to me with a key i needed my local hd dealer is 2 miles away wouldnt to do **** for me but the dealer 60 minutes away was as nice as can be took care of me stupid how that works out

There are only 2 dealers in Phoenix (Chandler Harley & Hacienda Harley) who will work on and order parts for Buells. They are also a pain in the neck to deal with which is why I started ordering everything from Buellparts.com, Americansportbike, and buellsterparts. I have yet to come up empty handed and if you are handy with a wrench, then you should not have a problem.

Work on it yourself and save some money!

Good luck and use the forums as we are all here to support your efforts of DIY.

I had a bad dream too. I bought a Goldwing.

I know you guys are all here for me, thanks!

the buell dealer in our area is not the best,i just call chicago harley buell and they send it, also if u know a hd parts guy they have ability to cross ref. the few parts that do but they usually dont tell people that[chicago hd 888 338 6868

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast