Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XB12Ss, checking error codes

Banned
    Manual says "Run the engine at 2000 RPM. The AC output should be 40-56 volts AC (approximately 20-28 volts per 1000 RPM)". My stator showed 25 volts at 1000 RPM, so I see no issue yet. And stator showed 25 volts at 1000 RPM when there was no charging and no output on the VR. I'm going to check the stator resistance and AC output at higher RPM.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-09-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Banned
    OK. I carefully checked the stator. I checked the stator output at cold engine and after at hot engine after about 15 minutes of work, the stator output is the same for cold and for hot. Stator output:

1150 RPM --->27 volts AC
    2000 RPM --->50 volts AC
    3000 RPM --->70 volts AC

The stator voltage is good according electric manual.

Also I measured stator connector resistance between two pins at cold and at hot engine. It is 0.2 ohms. The stator resistance is OK according electric manual.

Then I checked again continuity between stator connector pins and motorcycle ground - there is no continuity.

So according electrical manual the stator is good.

But! When I tested stator I noticed that there is no charging again when I connected the stator back to the VR - voltage on the battery dropped and there was no any voltage response on throttle. So I unplugged the stator and checked the output - the stator worked perfect, I connected the stator back - no charging. I did this a few times - the stator had correct AS voltage output but there was no charging. So then I unplugged the connector between the VR and motorcycle and plugged it back, I did it a few timed but there was no charging. Then I started to wiggle the VR wires, no charging response. Then I tapped the VR housing by my finger and charging is back! So for me it looks like there is bad connection inside the VR housing due to heat and vibrations.

Regarding the O2 sensor. Today I removed the BOSCH oxygen sensor and installed back the old original O2 sensor, and it had not fixed the issue, the motorcycle performed rough idle after a few minutes of work and check engine light came.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-09-2016 at 04:44 AM.

Banned
    Here is a picture to show what I found. So for me it looks like the issue located between the plug 77 and the plug 46 which is VR with VR wires.

Banned
    I ordered Bluetooth dongle today to reset the errors codes. Is that possible that ECM just needs to learn O2 sensor after I unplugged all connectors while engine rotation?

Is there particular sequence in the codes transmission when I connect two pins in the Diagnostic Connector? Does it show codes in the most resent errors sequence? Or just codes from smallest number to largest? My sequence was 13, 16, 33. Does it mean that 13 is the most recent error?
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-10-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Banned
    Tonight I filled the fuel tank with fresh gasoline and poured whole bottle of Seafoam Motor Treatment in the fuel tank, readjusted the throttle cable and performed throttle position sensor reset. Then I ride the motorcycle more than an hour with no issues! No engine check light, no RPM issues, no charging issues. The O2 sensor is old original Buell sensor. I'm confused.

Inactive
    poured whole bottle of Seafoam Motor Treatment in the fuel tank,

seriously? be prepared to purchase and install yet another new O2 sensor in the not-too-distant-future.

Banned
    According manufacturer Seafoam is safe for O2 sensor and more Seafoam is better. I starter with 2 oz Seafoam per gallon, then I added the rest from the bottle. I use old original sensor at the moment, I already have another O2 sensor I do not use due to weird engine behavior.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 11-10-2016 at 03:17 PM.

I'm sure you won't respond to me, but how many miles on your bike.

Good thing that bike is yours. WTF!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast