Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Modify everything!"

I am sure many of you can agree Modding can be quite addicting. It started as removing your reflectors and stickers right? Then what happened? Mmmhmm.. mirrors and signals huh? Then what? Let me guess.. breather re-route? What exhaust did you buy? Has it stopped? Will it stop? Let me answer that.. NO!

It spreads to other areas of your life too. Ever notice how in-efficient everything is? Ever think to yourself.. "Why didn't they put this there?" or "I could have designed this better in my sleep"? You are not alone my friends.

I thought.. why not start a thread about it? A place to share your ideas on improving the world! Plus I drank a sh*t ton of coffee and can't focus on work right now.

Speaking of coffee... Here is a simple mod to get the ball rolling.

"The Coffee lid mod"

Coffee plays an vital role in my job. If I wasn't scared of needles I would probably slam Folgers Crystals straight into my jugular. So how do I improve my caffeine delivery system?

Pictured below is a TLP316 Solo coffee lid most commonly used in conjunction with a 16-20oz, wax lined, paper, hot beverage container. Brilliant in its simple design and less likely to pop off if you accidentally squeeze the cup too hard than a 7-11 lid (made in China). http://www.solocup.com is an American company that makes great products and is best know amongst my friends for their durable red plastic "keg" cups. But.. there is always room for improvement right?

As beautiful of a design as it is.. leave it to me to find a flaw. The air inlet is tiny and very restrictive. I can only assume this was designed this way to restrict the flow in case of a spill. Hot coffee spillage equals lawsuit. Remember McDonalds? I live on the edge, I am dangerous, I fear no hot fluids and I need my coffee STAT!

In the next photo you will see me utilizing a standard size Bic pen but any small stabby type object will do. Be sure to use your free hand to stabilize the cup or you may end up with a lap full of hot coffee. Press firmly down puncturing the lid. Its pretty thin material but if you have trouble ask a man to help you.

This is what the mod should look like if completed properly. Keep in mind that bigger is not always better. The fluid outlet can only flow so fast. There is no need to go larger than it with your new air inlet. That is unless you suck really hard or implement some sort of air charging device to force air in. This could result in a burnt face or sticky clothes and I would not recommend this for a beginner.

So there you have it. Simple, effective and deeeelicious. Enjoy!

\

What have you modded other than your Buell lately?

Thats funny! That's the first thing I do to my coffee lids is make a bigger 'breather re-route!"

BACK TO WORK MINIONS!

Roflmao

:D

and now you all see the side affects of this mod

;) 2 quad mochas is 1.5 too many!

Coffee to air ratio seems right

lol, ur enthusiasm is overwhelming and entertaining, thank you for this write up, two coffees, an energy drink and 2 dr peppers for me today haha

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast