Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone into RC cars/trucks?

I just got my first really good RC truck this past weekend. Had a blast with it so far.

Picked up the Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL

here is a video of what it can do(not my video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ86NnxYXJ4

also this video is cool... I was thinking of getting this one but went with the Stampede instead:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEdpi2W8xlw

Wonder how many trucks they went through for that first video, I have grownup with RC trucks, planes, and boats. One thing you dont want to do is drive through water like they did, unless you have completely waterproofed that thing, but even then, an electric engine is not very happy with water in it.

I prefer the gas trucks. Wish I lived somewhere not so windy so I could get my planes in the air... oh well. Cool looking truck though.
    I am kinda into helicopters now, but same situation with the planes, to damn windy when you live 150 yards from the ocean.

the truck in the vid is 100% waterproof right out of the box

Yes! I have several, this one is my "barracuda", it's a HPI MT2 18ss.

the truck in the vid is 100% waterproof right out of the box
    10 years ago that was pretty unheard of, now it's pretty standard for most true off road machines. That was one of the reasons I got mine (back in 2006) it was pretty easy to waterproof being how all the electronics are in a box.

I've got around $1500 in mine. It's not a cheap hobby. I do miss it though. I haven't used mine in a long time. I don't have the space for it like I used to have.

Dang dave, that video looks just like an area I ride in the dunes, when I had my quad and bike...

Thats pretty cool that they are waterproof outta the box, not like years ago where everything was open. Wish I had more time and money to get back into it, I currently have a Schumacher Havoc, gas powered truck, only two wheel drive, and is in need of piston and rings. Not wasting the money, cause I am trying to get legal to ride my new hobby :)

I had a 4 wheel drive traxxas nitro road car for a long time. Something broke just about everythime I played with it. It had a claimed speed of 60mph, and I don't doubt it would do it. I ended up throwing it in the garbage last time, rather than try to fix it. My controller batteries went dead when it was wide open. It smashed into a curb and blew to bits. Laughed my ass off at every nascar style wreck. In hindsight, I probably should have gone for an offroad type of vehicle.

I'm into the scale rock crawlers. I've got a Chevy pickup I built but this one is my most recent custom build.

I built an Axial Wraith kit to bash on and have a little more speed and it's a ball.

I've also got a Slash but I haven't messed with it in a while. The Buell has kinda taken over as the new hobby.

I'm into the scale rock crawlers. I've got a Chevy pickup I built but this one is my most recent custom build.
    This reminds me of the thing I hate most in the entire world. When I go to check out offroad videos of rock crawlers on youtube and as soon as I start the video I find out its some jackass with an rc car. :D They just look so damn real.

Rc's are fun as hell but nothing annoys me more than that.

Did I see that right Dave? Almost a back flip then it flipped forward to land on its wheels? How the?

I have not had an RC car since my Grasshopper as a kid. I have some cheapo copters I chase the dogs with tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast