Thread: Jardine QMI Map ECMSPY Are race maps leaner overall ?

Well Ive searched and read alot about this and found bits a pieces and want to make sure I am drawing the right conclusion.

A month or so ago I installed a Jardine on my 12XB. Left the stock map in as I did not do any filter or intake mods. Its been running pretty good other then the normal flaws it had in certain rpm ranges even with the stock exhaust.

Now I am not worried about getting every last ounce of HP out of the engine. All I want is a reliable running engine so I would rather err on the rich side and as the stock map is running pretty nice I would like to only correct a few areas of the map that I think need smoothed out. I did install the QMI last night as the droning in the helmet was getting annoying.

I will check where my AFR is when I plug in the next time. But what I am wondering is if in fact I am correct in the understanding that the RACE Maps are actually leaner than the stock maps. From what I have seen looking at everything this is the conclusion I have drawn. If the race map is in fact leaner I think I will not even mess with a race map and just smooth out the stock map. I was never really happy with the factory race map when I owned my XB9.

If anyone could point me to the direction of a smoothed out stock xb12 map for reference it would save me some figuring out. That is unless I am wrong about the race maps being leaner?

Race maps should be a little richer in certain areas according to which pipe they were programmed to match. The more open exhaust of aftermarkets mean it leans out your air/fuel ratio which requires the slightly richer mapping. But it is by no means an across-the-board richening, just certain areas. The best thing anyone can do for a performance mod is to custom map their Buell.

Looking at the o4 XB factory map and race map side by side you would think the race map would be richer/(higher fuel values,,injector pulse times) in alot of places which as far as I can see it is not. However I see alot of leaner/lower fuel areas in the race map.

I put a race map on my XB9SX with Jardine and QMI and it helped a little bit, but it was not rich enough, you will need to data log and tune the ECM yourself.

Yeah I had to do the same to my xb9 when I had it.
    I thnk I will just schedule some dyno time for the xb12 and do it that way.