Thread: 06 xb12r not starting need help

Hey guys need help hopfully someone could give me some insight on the issue.

Went to go for a ride couple days ago and went to start up the bike put the key in everything worked the way it was suppose too. Pressed the ignition button and nothing happened no clicking no turn over nothing. I checked all the fuses and relays and theyre all good battery is charged what could be the problem?
    Thanks Tony

was it raining? sometimes the start switch needs cleaned. carefully take apart and clean contacts.
    also you sure the battery is good?

also check your grounds. especially under the seat

Swap your relays around and make sure it isn't simply a bad starter relay.

After checking the Suggestions also try to tap the Starter with a small Hammer or a piece of Wood.Not too hard! Possibly the Starter is Stuck OR the Battery is to weak to push out the Silnoid.
    Try not to jump start the Bike with any high Powered Batteries. OR jump start it with any Vehicle Running. The Small 200CC Amp Battery can't take too much. Try Charging the Battery OR Having the Battery Load Tested out of the Bike at the Auto Parts Store.
    It is possible that the Battery was Weak and not Known and then Stuck in the Out Position once the Button was pushed. You could try to put in 1st Gear Just GENTLY Rock the Bike Back and Forth.
    That does not always work but worth a try. A light on the Starter the Tap may work or not. Just a few suggestions. The Starter Button may need to be Replaced or cleaned or the Silniod is bad. A VERY Small sQuirt of W/D Forty in the Start Button may clean out the Corrosion inbetween the Contacts. Replacing usually the Button Assembly can Help but Diagnosis is Tricky so one Area at a Time.
    Small Things First.*Jimi

Hey guys. I'm going to revive this thread. I've been through countless "bike won't start" threads and none of them had the same issue that I'm having. This one may be it. The only detail I didn't see to compare is the fuel pump priming. Anyway here goes:

I have an '05 XB12R that I have had for a year with no issues. Recently swapped the tail to an S and put new levers on with no issues. Bike has been running perfectly normal and was when I parked it Sunday evening. Went to start it yesterday morning and here's what happened. Turn the ignition key on, gauges light up and needles do their usual sweep. Bike is in neutral. Headlights do not come on. Flip the kill switch on and the fuel pump does nothing. Press the start switch and nothing happens. No relays clicking that I can hear, no starter movement, absolutely nothing. Blinkers and horn work but not the headlights or anything on the right side. I have checked all the fuses and all are fine. I'm fairly mechanically/electrically inclined and feel sure that this is a simple fix but want to get your opinions before I start tearing into things. I'm leaning towards either a loose connection to the right side or maybe a bad relay but I'm not sure. What do y'all think?

Figured it out. It was a bad starter relay

Stupid relay:D

I'm going to re-revive this thread too.... My Firebolt has been having intermittent start problems and it sounds a lot like this. I haven't yet delved too deeply into troubleshooting but my question is this: would a faulty starter relay cause the fuel pump not to prime up? Unless I misread the earlier posts, it sounds like this was happening...