, supposedly, autoblog, company, german, harley, davidsons, interested, companies" /> Ducati ( The Company ) For Sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ducati ( The Company ) For Sale

Why would they have cut ties with Buell?
    They didn't-They shut down production of the BMC line. Erik Buell stayed on at HD. That is why they asked him to announce the closure. He had NO TIES to the company in 2009 other than his name being on the bikes. HD has wholly owned BMC since 2003. I thought everyone knew that. You see thats what happens when an engineer thinks he is a businessman. Sad story yes,but very true. I'm sure if you could have a personal conversation with him he'd tell you the same. In fact his lawyers begged him to NOT enter into a contract with HD way back when he started this venture. He signed it anyway. End of story.

When Erik is mass producing world class sportbikes in 5 years it may finally sink in that they screwed the pooch
    ? Mass producing? Yeah that ain't ever gonna happen. Nothing will sink into HD because they are a business company. Whatever EB does it will NEVER threaten HD's credibilty or sales. I'm sure it is safe to say that HD could NOT care less what EB does. If they go bankrupt in a few years it wont be because of the beloved BUELL motorcycles. It will be because the need for overpriced bikes will fade in oblivion.

HD is making money despite itself even in this economy. They sell a "life style" as opposed to just a "motorcycle". As much as some dealers would like to have another avenue for revenue the majority of their customers don't like or get sport bikes. Even at the most progressive HD dealerships I've been to where the personnel where up to date and Buell friendly, the customers who came out on weekly bbq's and rides never took to Buell's. Only my friends who rode with me would talk to me.

Having said that I highly doubt they would try another sport bike after the MV and Buell disaster, plus they don't have the funding like a major car manufacturer. A billion Euro is a lot of scratch. They recently borrowed 500 million from Warren Buffet for Eagles Mark Bank to provide financing at a high interest rate too.

Since his name came up I feel the need to say Warren Buffet is a badass. Hell of a nice guy.

China and Japan are buying most of the USA's big realastate. It's ww2 with out the blood sheld.
    China owns the biggest chunk of our debt but the Netherlands owns most of our real estate.

Maybe that's the Harley plan to get rid of sport bikes. Buy a company, destroy it from the inside.. leave it for dead.. retain the patents move on to the next one.

Maybe that's the Harley plan to get rid of sport bikes. Buy a company, destroy it from the inside.. leave it for dead.. retain the patents move on to the next one.
    Ah ha ha.. Could be the master plan! :D

They are not that f'''in smart.
    Raz

Harley & hoyusung, maybe.. HD & Ducati, never.. the capitol isn't there. The Ducatisti would jump ship like lemmings before being owned by Hardley D... it would be just another failure. Harley would do better to purchase Lazy-boy or a furniture chain..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12