Thread: poster size pics?

Call me lazy but i figured someone on here has tried this, so it's were I'll start my search. Does anyone know of a place that takes a digital photo and blows it up to a wall poster size?

My girlfriend is a closet photographer and has takin 4 years of photo classes between highschool and community collage and is currently working on the fifth year, but eitherway, the photos she takes are pro grade and i wanted to get some posters made up of the bike and a few of my buddies bikes and stuff of that nature.

thanks,
    Kody

What size are you looking for? If your girlfriend still has access to the lab at school she should be able to print poster size there. At my school I was printing up to 24"x36" for some assignments. If that's not the case I've seen some large prints from shutterfly that looked good, might check that out.

snapfish.com, shutterfly.com are 2 places online that you can order from. i have used both and had good results. snappish takes a little longer then the other but both send good qua lit photos. Cheers Good luck man

Thanks,
    Miami78, I asked her and she said they cant do anything over 18 by 18, and thats too small for wat I'm lookin for but the 24 by 36 sounds about right.
    I'll check them places out.

Thanks agian

newbueller91,
    I am a printer. I work at a place that has presses that print up to 60in wide. Its all digital too. Not sure how your girlfriend has her camera set up. My wife and I own a cheap camera but we set the settings to the highest resolution possible. From being in the business for 15 years now I can tell you that is the way to set your camera for big pictures. You see if you brought me a small photo I could find a way to rasterize and make it larger but it wouldn't be as good a quality.
    Bascially what I am saying is you can take a huge res photo and make it smaller and it looks great. But when you work opposite of that the quality goes way down. The way I have my camera set up is when I take a photo and send it to the press it is like 24x36. IF you take that same photo to a lab they will shrink it to a standard photo size but in the beginning it should be very big.
    I guess what I am saying is more than likely the photos your girlfriend has taken do not need blown up probably,you just need to find a large format printer. Too bad you don't live in Tulsa because I could really help you out. I have pics of my bike all over the shop. LOL Hell I even made a 18x24 magnet a few years back. LOL I still dont have a big enough refridgerator though.
    Best of luck

I've used iPhoto to print hardcover photo books and calendars. They offer poster size prints, too. Last i checked 24x36 was the biggest. The print quality is as good as film prints. My source was just a 12MP point and shoot.

If she has a Mac w/ iPhoto, it is worth checking out.

I just had one made!

its 30" x 40" cost like $165 total I think? It was totally worth it! This is on canvas not poster board.

original picture resolution was 3456x2304

Here is the web site. They are based in Texas.

http://www.photosprintedoncanvas.com/

http://www.artandimage.com/

Chech them out, its my boss' brothers place and they do EXCELLENT work. They have done professional silk screen work for a replication of a professional painters work and it turned out perfect. He will be making them for me as well once my house is completed. If you want to contact them, let me know and I will get you a name and number to contact.