Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Umbra" Bike Build

Well everyone its been hard for me to not post this all up sooner but I wanted to get to a certain point before I started sharing everything and last night I reached it. This project has been in the works about one year now from when I first came up with my design, then I deployed and purchased everything, and now after about two months of work finally getting to the very end. So heres some pictures, which is what everyone really cares about lol.

Heres the bike before starting all the work on it. The graffiti pattern was fun at first but I soon got sick of it and wanted something different.

Day 1- Heres a couple pics of the bike after one day of tearing it down.

Day 2- Today I took off the old XB9 throttle body and replaced it with an XB12 throttle body. I also removed the primary cover and gear cover to send off to the powder coater. Also I removed the disaster that is my garbage in the garage.

Day 3- This is about a month later now after going on my trip and waiting for some parts to get back from the powder coater. I painted the engine block with some high temp flat black and then ground down the fins. It looks much better than the silver, especially with the overall look of the bike.

Day 4- Today I wrapped the headers with some DEI Titanium wrap and also started with the wiring harness in preperation for the big load of parts to get back.

Day 5- Just went and picked up the huge group of parts from the powder coater. I couldnt have been any more happy with the work they did. If youre in the fayetteville, nc area and are looking to get work done go to Final Touch Powdercoating and tell them Colby with the black buell sent you. The first picture is my bike part layout before getting work done on everything and the rest are after I got everything back. I didnt actually get to accomplish much besides setting up the handlebars, gas tank, and start the rear seat.

Day 6- So the big parts are starting to go back on the bike. I was able to get the tank on and also the front assembly put on. So far everything is looking good and I havent forgotten where anything goes lol.

Day 7- All I was able to accomplish today was getting the rear seat on. Thats fine though because I was able to hook the wiring harness up completely and turn the electrical system on. Lights, horn, fuel pump, and whatever else is working fine =)

Day 8- Today was a pretty big day for me. I had to tear the undertail apart and expand the cutout for the rear shock. I installed the rear shock, swingarm, and rear tire today.

Day 9- Today was a huge day for me. I got the airbox cover back from the painter so I put that on. I finished making my oil lines and hooked them up. Put my nice brand new amsoil in her and also put gas back in the tank along with some seafoam =) After everything got into the lines she fired right up! =)

Video is uploading right now and when that gets done I will upload it so you can hear her rumble =) Also I will keep updating my progress over the next couple days while I finish it up. At the end of the build I will put a list of everything thats on the bike for you guys.

Looking freaking sweet! I liking what I see! What is that points cover you have? Is that painted on as well?

Buells are great bikes and motivate us to do many things, including cleaning out the garage!!!! :D

Awesome, great work!

Awesome build!

Haha Im in the process of cleaning right now again and the cover is from a seller on ebay. In case you want one they are 29 dollars make sure you provide them the screw locations which are like 11 and 5 if I remember correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVID...ht_3219wt_1189

Man TACP that stuff looks great!

Can't wait to see/hear it all done.

Heres the video everyone =)

http://youtu.be/H23hxqBSQ2k

I like it a lot!!! I want your brake light.

lol were horn dogs

Lookin good so far. That tail light sure looks familiar ;)

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast