Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sputtering Jumping and stalling

Well I thought Elanor was back up and running. Jumped on her this morning headed to work and like normal the low fuel light was on even though the tank is filled up completely, I started riding down the road and the red Engine light came on and the bike started spitting and sputtering and back firing. I pulled the clutch in and it stopped so I continued to see what was going on. Got to a stop sign turned and it started sputtering a little from start then stopped quickly, passed a car that was doing 10 and then it really started. It has had a problem with the fuel light coming on since I got it but now with this I am thinking Fuel Pump? Can someone confirm or deny my suspiscion? Also I have seen the expensive fuel pumps but I also remember someone talking bout getting one cheaper at the local auto parts store??? Thanks in advance for the help!!

It stops doing it when you pull in the clutch?

Yup

I think Anrkizm95 was the first to make mention of it. I started compiling a cross reference list a while back. Only a few items, but I believe the crossed referenced fuel pump option was:

Made by Walbro (model #521) - 03 musntang V6, part number E2366 at autozone

I read in another topic it might be something with the clutch switch or something along the lines of that. I think he said there is a plug by the clutch and to unplug it and see if it still does it. I might be wrong but it was somewhere along the lines of that.

Ok I will look round see if I can see mention of the clutch switch! Thanks J Undisputed I thought thats what someone had said! Good ol Autozone even gives me a 10% discount so that will be even better!!

Kickstand (jiffy stand) switch, jump across the terminals and bypass the switch.

I was wondering bout that one Red, It seemed to happen more after a shift and was wondering of my big foot might have bumped it? I'm not familiar with bypassing unit anyone know how or have a write up?

Its a 2 pin conector at the switch. You can unplug it and put a jumper wire in it to test and see if thats your problem. I have also people put a scotch lock on the two wires but that I wouldnt recommend.

Ok I guess I will be trying that the next day off!! It's always something!! Starting to think She's haunted!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast