Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Guy from Texas

Well I have owned it for a week now...and have ridden it twice...but my 2009 Buell XB12Scg is everything I dreamed (well read) it would be. I love the small things Eric did with this bike....especially the little seat "bump" so when you twist the throttle it "holds" you firmly in the seat. I love the sound, the "power at all RPM's" and she is really nice in the curves. I have ridden bikes since I was 12, my last being an 07 GSXR 1000, and this is my favorite bike by far. Now that I am getting older (36) this bikes suits me much better than my old crotch rockets.

I have questions...but I am going to search the forum to see if I find the answers first....

[img]null[/img][img]null[/img][img]null[/img]

Bike looks good!!

Welcome Buell Bro. If you have any questions just ask....people respond really quick!

Welcome! Where in Texas are you?

Hey man, nice bike. Same situation here..36 now and kinda been there and done that with the ricers. I love these bikes. With all the cool engineering on em, I can't see how I could ever ride another plain ole Honduh,Kawasucky, etc.

I went to buy that bike and they said it had just been sold! Does it still have the GP shift on it?

I live in Frisco...work in plano....

WALLSXB...exactly what is the GP shift? sorry for the ignorance but I am still learning about the bike...

Any regular rides in north texas that I can join in on?? I know all the ricers used to head to Sonic in Garland on thursdays...but not into that...just looking for some guys to ride with on a weekend morning..

Can someone tell me how to open the trunk?? I see the key in the back but the seat wont open for me?

If you havent changed anything than its still setup for whats called a "GP shift style" insted of one down and the rest up its, 1 up and the rest down. This keeps your foot out from under the shifter during hard leaning left turns. You can put it back to stock with no cost or parts just about 15 min of your time. There are a few of us in the DFW area that get together and ride....some more than others.

If your having probs after turning the key try taking out the rear tailight and looking at the seat latch mech through the hole. Most that have your prob are able to open it through there, and then adjust the latch once the seat is off.

Freak answered the GP question but the seat wasn't hard to remove for me. Just turn the key to the right and put you fingers under the rear lip of the seat and pull.

I have to pull mine straight back and up, by grabbing the side of the seat at the front. Prob going to have hell when I put my tail lift spacers in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast