Thread: My bike nearly fell over today.

I've had my bike up on an atv jack since early december, redoing the entire front end (it's all torn apart from the steering neck forward). I placed a piece of 2x6 on it's side under the front of the muffler as I knew the jack would slowly lower as all jacks do. I also put the kickstand down just because. Then I used ratchet straps to strap the bike to the jack. Well every week or so I'd check and of course the jack would be slightly lower, so I'd give it a pump or two then all was good. Well I checked it a few days ago and did the same thing, then last night I had a dream the bike fell on it's side. I woke up this morning and went out to do some work in the garage (building shelves) and find that the jack had released completely and the bike was resting on the 2x6 and leaning on the kickstand. I went and grabbed it and it was VERY unstable, as soon as I grabbed it the 2x6 it was resting on fell over and it landed back on the jack.

Luckily my wife was around and held the bike well I rigged up some more stable way of holding it upright. I now have it resting on a little jig I made that fits around the muffler, and leaning on the kickstand.

I almost wet my pants when I walked out and saw it like that, and I'm sooooo happy I thought to put the kickstand down just in case, otherwise it would have been laying down taking a nap when I walked out... and what's so damn creepy is the dream....WEIRD. Just had to share this. Luckily no damage what so ever...

it's like you and your bike are connected on a higher conscience:D good catch

It is really creepy that I had that dream. Every time I've gone out to the garage since december I've thought "PLEASE don't have fallen over!" and it was always fine. When I got up this morning I thought about the dream, then as I opened the door I thought "na, it's fine....it's been fine this whole time..."

Its the things you cherish the most that get F'd up.

lol nice that's kind of like me thinking I should check my belt and put it off for 2 wks and it broke on me lol so.... same thing some what

Its the things you cherish the most that get F'd up.
    Indeed. Or maybe it's just that you don't notice the things you don't care about...?

well... mine almost fell over, but because it vibrated off the kickstand!?!?!

^That's something else I need to do before I put it all together is fix the kickstand. I bought the new pin and just need to do the DIY fix from this forum. I guess I'll have to put everything else together first then put it on the jack to remove the kickstand seeing as how now the kickstand is holding the bike up lol.

Also, checked this morning and it's still upright :) (no bad dreams either haha).

I think your bike is tired of not being rode . It's trying to tell you something " stop procrastinating and put it back together " :D

Curtis, that's exactly what my wife said haha. I think she just wants the clutter of parts picked up though...

I dropped the parts off to the powder coater on the 8th and he told me 8-10 days. Last friday I called and he said they should be ready by end of day, never called back. Hasn't called today. I'll call him tomorrow to see what's up. I've done all I can until I get the triple trees back...