Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Caliper/Brembo Master

Hubba hubba.

Updates?

I'm in, any updates?

Okay - sorry for the delay in getting these done, but we've made two sets of prototypes (both plastic) and are pretty comfortable with them now.

Just got my quote from the machinist, using 6061 T6 for both the Master Cylinder Bracket and for the Bracket Caliper Bracket we can sell them shipped for $75 (both brackets, no calipers or brake components).

I'd need to have him make at least 10 at a time (if he only makes 1 set he'd need $275 just to cover his set up time!!!)

Please PM me if you are interested and I can see how fast we can get them made up if there is still interest at $75

Here are the updated pictures of the CAD file. There has been a bit more beef added to the caliper bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/special-cust...0&vxp=mtr#shId

for 150 + shipping you can get this...

Here is his cost for the bracket:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/special-cust...9&cmd=ViewItem

plus $25 shipping from Germany.

Additionally that doesn't offer anythign to support the master cylinder.

Keep your eyes on ebay and you can get a mid-2000's known genuine brembo caliper and master for well under $100 shipped.

Here is one setup for $80 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aprilia-Mill...0687f4&vxp=mtr

it is from a 2000, so a bit older than the caliper and master I bought for $60 shipped.

My bracket is nothing like that one - that one is very utilitarian, it will do the job and hold the caliper for sure. The main thing I was looking to do was provide a quality bracket for both the master and the caliper. Any other fitment of a brembo master that I've seen so far requires mods to the plunger and frankly a strange angle to the plunger. My bracket fixes this problem:

from this thread:http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/DIY-Brembo-Rear-Master-Cylinder

What you also can't see is that the plunger doesn't travel in line with the body of the brembo master either. therefore you need to both space it out, move it back, and angle it slightly. My bracket does all that and you can use the stock brembo plunger. Additionally you don't have to helicoil the MC since the bracket is threaded - you use stock bolts to hold on the bracket and a button-head bolt to hold on the master.

Even if 20 of these sell and the unit production cost is at it's lowest, I won't make enough profit to even buy myself a single set of the brackets. I am not selling these to make any kind of profit at all, but just so that I can get a professionally machined set for myself.

If you'll anodize them black and ship them for 75 I'm in! I love the look of the bracket and it'll be nice to be able to bolt up a mc without screwing around with the plunger.

The one place I checked wants $250 per batch - that works out to $12.50 per set, I just didn't feel it was worth the cost, I'd have to ask $90 shipped (to cover the gas to get to the anodize place and back twice) unless I can find a cheaper place, which wouldn't be any closer, so gas would cost more...

Nevermind the fact I will make exactly $0 on the time to get there and back twice. I am already selling these at a loss compared to picking up another tutoring client!!! lol

PS - If anyone is a machinist and wants to take over production I am happy to send you the 3D .dwg files in exchange for a set of brackets! ;)

Maybe you can produce them for less and pass on the savings to us - I am not a machinist so I have to pay someone else to cut, machine and tap them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast