Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hidden Caliper/Brembo Master

I would be interested thanks

If you'll send it to the netherlands: I'm interested.

Id like to know what the price would be like? sounds awesome though

my local H.S. CAD class
    Child labor........thats one way to keep cost down. LOL

Actually it a hell of a way to use recorces avalible to you all the while the kids learn from the experiance.

Im interested, depends on the monies though. My mod money went to new tires.

I am interest dependent on cost and quality!

Child labor........thats one way to keep cost down. LOL

Actually it a hell of a way to use recorces avalible to you all the while the kids learn from the experiance.
    Yes - the teacher and kids were VERY excited to see my prototypes, how the system works, and I brought in the rearsets (both Woodcraft and Stock) so they could see how it'll work.

I have an extra wheel and axle, and I am almost tempted to try to pick up an extra swingarm from eBay to bring that in for them!

Yes - Child Labor indeed!!! I'll make a donation to the Engineering Department and provide some pizza for the kids :)

The best thing is, that redesign is cheap and we get to use the 3D printer to validate the design once complete and any revisions that are necessary. Now I just have to see if they'll let me bring the bike into the classroom :D

And honestly - I have NO IDEA on the price. I figure once the design is complete I'll find out how much it costs to make and take it from there. If I can't find an affordable way to make them I'll be happy to pass the design off to someone else who may be able to have them made.

Can someone post a link exactly where to order the Brembo part needed to do this mod? Thanks!

I prefer a complete ony, but if you can only pass the design, you also can make me a happy man.

I am using a two pot caiper and matching master cylinder from a 04-09 Aprilia. I will have to look up part numbers or other applications, I know there are a ton of Ducati calipers that are the same from that timeframe as well.

The ASB bracket doesn't work for that caliper and there currently is no bracket for the master cylinder (it is in the total wrong position if you try to just bolt it up to the stock rearset). You need to space it out about 1/4" and tilt it back slightly. Hard to explain without pictures, and I have the setup in the Engineering lab at school.

My prototype garage-fab brackets were made using a jigsaw, grinder and drill press, and were made to fit on the stock swingarm and Woodcraft Rearsets. The kids are going to be fitting their plastic prototypes to the stock rearset AND my Woodcraft rearset (the two are a little different - the stock rearset requires a little more clearance than the Woodcraft).

I used 6061-T6 because I had a billet of 3" Round I had purchased outta the scrap bin at the metal shop. I dunno if it will be cost effective to use 6061-T6 vs. something else, I used about 1/2" to start with on the master bracket and ended up at something between 1/4" and 3/8" thick (could probably just use 1/4" in the future)and the brake bracket is probably 1/2" thick.

Very doable yourself in the garage if you are patient and have some basic tools.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast