Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "SS" frame size "R" and "S" frame size

Here it is. I had a new bung welded to my swing arm. The upper mount on my frame (05 12R) did not get modified. I had the two swing arms side by side to match the geometry of the pivot point to lower shock mount point on both swing arms. I put an 06 Ss swing arm on mine. Only 1 small fitting was needed to adapt the oil vent line. The rest bolted right up. The lines will work as easily as mine, if the cam cover on the donor bike is the same as the one you currently have. If you put an 07+ swing arm on, you will have to fab some oil lines. Because there was now a new oil line in the 77 connector area, the front pulley guard will need to be modified, or replaced with an 06+ unit.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...-05-size-frame
    Hope this helps a little.

Overall it is a straight forward swap nothing special needed and since the Ss can utilize the R/S shock you don't even need to worry about that, unless you plan to keep the stock swing arm then you may want to drop to an Scg shock to maintain the R height.
    It seems like everytimeI see this swap on the forum, people talk about fabricating a mount onto the swing arm for shock? But you're saying you ent need to do anything?

xtremelow, do you have a pic of your bike with the ss swingarm with the r/s shock without the bracket installed. I'd like to see how much lower the bike sits without a bracket lifting back to stock height.

This is xtremelows bike with no bracket you can see that it attaches straight to the swingarm. I think he is running the white or black stt/ss/uly size rear shock, and he has the scg forks slipped up in the triple tree.

how about one without the tail lift.

I dont think he has pics of that, that are posted online anyway.

There is a build thread on that bike. Look for "warhorse" if I remember correctly.

i think some of you guys misunderstood me.
    Im not asking what I need to do or where to look.
    i have a complete "SS" and a complete "R" that i have side by side to do the swap.
    so while im doing it i am trying to help other people out by giving them a part by part comparison with pictures.
    im not a jackass if the rear shock is not the right length ill buy a different rear ohlins shock and call it a day.
    im not going to slip my fork tubes or weld a bracket im trying to do bolt and play.

so with that rant done. i decided to take better pictures of the frames.

bottom

both frames are 32 inchs long the 06 "SS" has a different bottom triple tree lock so it looks a 1/2 inch shorter but they are the same.

"SS"

"R/S"

the "SS" frame is 8 1/2 inches from the ground

the "R/S" frame is 10 1/2 inches off the ground

next ill do shocks and kickstands

Just purchased an 07 Uly swing arm and a 135T drive belt. Let the mini-stretch project commence!

I dont have any without the tail lift.

I have the bracket on now since the swing arm and frame sat way to close without it the Ss frame and swing arm will be fine without a bracket. It will just sit 1" higher with the Scg shock than the stock R/S does, since the Ss sits about 2" higher with its stock shock or R/S shock. Also you will either have to get Ss forks or an Scg shock. If you run the Stock Ss or R/S shock the back will sit to high compared to the R/S forks.

It actually cost me a ton of time and money since I wore through 2 fuel lines on two different rides before I realized what happened. In the end I had to replace a fuel pump and two fuel lines. Total of 2 weeks down time and $200 for parts.

What it looks like now, well I have the low seat back on it. Scg Shock/Ss spring and Scg forks (not slipped)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast