Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Think I accidently just traded my 'bolt

So, the wife came down to visit for a week. We saw a BMW dealership and she decided she wanted to stop and take a look around. We walk in and see this.

I jokingly said "I'd trade my bike for that in a heartbeat". We wander around a little more and while my back was turned, she went and talked to a salesman. Next thing I know She tells me we need to bring them my title to complete the transaction. I was totally caught by surprise. I told the guy that I need a night to think it over. They are offering $5000 trade and we talked them into $17,500 for the Diavel. I am torn. I love my Buell, but ...

but ... somethings were just ment to happen.nice bike.post some pics when you get it home.

That's a mean bike from what I read - you might want to take it for a test ride to see how you like it, then when you get home hop on your R and see what you like better.

Before you buy it, consider the cost of maintenance and the length of time you have to wait for parts. You think the buell is bad, just about every part on a duc is a month or more wait.

Also, ask yourself if you enjoy turning because you're sacrificing turning ability and comfort getting a diavel.

Also, you can get a S1000rr for that

All up to you, but IMO, that is fugly... Like a worse version of the Vrod (if that was possible...).

That said I know little about ducati (and understand they're great performers), but that's just my first impression looking at that bike. And the price tag, WOW...

Also, ask yourself if you enjoy turning because you're sacrificing turning ability and comfort getting a diavel.
    I didn't find that to be the case at all. I test drove it, and it is way more comfortable than the bolt. Being kinda large the seating position is not nearly as aggressive. I really didn't notice that big of a difference in the turning, however there aren't any twisties in Florida. If anything, I felt a little more stable in the whipping winds we are having today. I am taking everything into consideration, that's why I didn't bring it home today.I do appreciate all feedback and thoughts on it tho. I knew I could count on you guys for good opinions.

I didn't find that to be the case at all. I test drove it, and it is way more comfortable than the bolt. Being kinda large the seating position is not nearly as aggressive. I really didn't notice that big of a difference in the turning, however there aren't any twisties in Florida. If anything, I felt a little more stable in the whipping winds we are having today. I am taking everything into consideration, that's why I didn't bring it home today.I do appreciate all feedback and thoughts on it tho. I knew I could count on you guys for good opinions.
    Sitting lower wouldn't definitely help in the wind. If you're not hitting the twisties, the buell is a little like a fish out of water. Maybe the Diavel might a better option if you don't mind the price tag and service issues.

if you don't mind the price tag and service issues
    The price isn't really an issue. The biggest concern I have is the service issues. Even still, I own 8 bikes. Even if it is down for a week or 2, I will still be able to ride. I know, the next question is gonna be "why not trade one of the other bikes?" The short answer is location. The others are in my garage in St. Louis. Except for the Indian. But there's way too much sentimental attachment to that one. (me and the wife)

[?] User Rank: Five-Star General

Before you buy it, consider the cost of maintenance and the length of time you have to wait for parts. You think the buell is bad, just about every part on a duc is a month or more wait.

Also, you can get a S1000rr for that
    Sorry but i gotta call bs on this statement, at least everything but the s1000rr statement.

First off any reputable duc dealer is gonna have the most common stuff in stock.
    Second the diavel is a bad mofo that willl corner with any sportbike on the street.
    Third maintenance is only expensive for the major services. Routine stuff is not that bad.

Hell any bike can blow your mind with the right rider. Fact is most of us will never reach the capabilities of a given bike.

Hell i got smoked by a dude on a stock sprtster this weekend and im mid intermediate/level 2.

Hell i got smoked by a dude on a stock sprtster this weekend
    Ouch. That's a hard pill to swallow.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast