Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KONY 2012

^^ Was that copied and pasted?

I have also heard plenty about the "flipside" and don't really know what to think. I think KONY 2012 was made with good intentions and is a great call to action. Whether it's still relevant, where the money actually goes, how the military and politics work...i don't know. And it's almost impossible to really trust any source these days.

Blah, blah, blah. How about we worry about the problems we have at home.

yes completely agree.

i no that stuff is happening but i think the people who made this video are just trying to make $ off the sales of the shirts and there other "merch". just seams like some one thought this out and probily is making millions.

Was that copied and pasted
    yes it was, I figured I would do that instead of just putting a link to a article on a alternative news website, seems alot of peeps still drink the kool aid and think that the propaganda the talking heads spew is 'news'
    :)

totally agree yet the problems we see overseas will sooner then later darken the shores of North America.

Big Brother is taking care of us all, weither we like it or not

Thanks for sharing..hadn't heard of this

I'll support and group trying to stop a man killing thousands of children and getting away with it. People stop being nagative.
    There will always be jealous people bitching when someone is getting so much attention. I say bring KONY down. Those that don't want to support are selfish bastards. Children are always worth fighting for.

Kony's group is around 100, and is isn't even in Uganda anymore.
    totally agree yet the problems we see overseas will sooner then later darken the shores of North America.
    Most of America is armed. Bring it! Can't be any worse than what we are already experiencing with our own government.

Bring it!
    who do you think is bringing it?

our own government.
    ;)

also I might add is the fact that most of the bad guys/dictatorships around the world (past and present) have been and some still are being supported by the USA/UN

sorry RJ, not trying to be a drag on this thread but...

'The documentary is unprecedented, not for its educational attributes but for its capacity to use visual branding, merchandising and highly potent emotional communication to influence the viewer to support US military operations in resource rich Central Africa under the pretext of capturing the LRA’s commander, Joseph Kony. The Lord’s Resistance Army was originally formed in 1987 in northwestern Uganda by members of the Acholi ethnic group, who were historically exploited as forced laborers by the British colonialists and later relegated by the nation’s dominant ethic groups following independence. Together with the Holy Spirit Movement, the LRA represented the armed wing of a resistance faction aiming to overthrow the government of current Ugandan President and staunch US military ally, Yoweri Museveni.'

and this

'While KONY 2012 attempts to portray itself as an indigenous activist movement bent on bringing justice to African children, its parent organization is affiliated with the upper echelon of the US corporate media and a network of foundation-funded pro-war civil society groups with a long history of fomenting pro-US regime change under the banner of democratic institution building.'

not to mention this

'According to Invisible Children’s own LRA Crisis Tracker, not a single case of LRA activity has been reported in Uganda since 2006. The website records ninety eight deaths in the past year, with the vast majority taking place in the northeastern Bangadi region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a tri-border expanse sharing territory with the Central African republic and South Sudan. Since December 2009, the eastern Djemah region of CAR has seen occasional LRA activity; the western Tambura region of South Sudan has experienced even less. The LRA has been in operation for over two decades, and presently remains at an extremely weakened state, with approximately 400 soldiers. Due to the extreme instability in northern DRC after decades of rebel insurgencies and Rwandan/Ugandan military incursions into the nation, it remains highly unlikely that cases of violence in the region can be sufficiently investigated before concluding LRA involvement.'

oh, theres more..

here is the article its from

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/03/...tary.html#more

people need to stop drinking the Kool aid and figure out whats what on planet earth because it is obvious things are not what they seem..

Reminds me of the book, "A long way gone", about the same thing happening in Sierra Leone.

Seriously though, this stuff has been happening for years in so many different countries....what are these kids going to do, intervene in every conflict except the ones in their back yard...? Fix America first, then worry about the other countries. Arresting Joseph Kony will open the door to the next person to run Africa with an army of kids....its an endless cycle....

lol, wonder how many "kony dogs" will get arrested during this fu*&%ng debacle, littering,loitering, this is gonna be stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast