Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: extended swingarm

Drag bikes....but mainly, looks

Im new here and I have to agree that the gangsta bike is gay. yopu take a american Bad ass an turn it in to a thug ride. Dont destroy good american quality with that crap.

I don't like that extended swing arm. Now your motor has no oil in it. Where is the 2.5 quarts of oil now? Not only that it has a dual chain set up you will lose a ton of hp in that set up.

I'm sorry but that bike is extremely ugly :x.

Thanks for all the kind words about the bike we built. I think the point you missed was that the customer wanted this and no one else has been bold enough to attempt the super fat extended swingarm for a XB...and they all said it could not be done. That's usually enough for us to build something. This bike was a joint effort between Allen Bros. and Toxic Choppers.
    The oil is in the swingarm and actually holds more oil than stock...closer to 4 quarts.
    As far as performance goes, if you want a excellent handling machine, of course you wouldn't put this on your bike. If you are drag racing, then a extended swingarm is essential. Fat tires are purely cosmetic, but they are very popular with alot of folks. If everyone hated them, Avon, Dunlop, and Metezler probably wouldn't make them any more. Everybody has their own preferences. Personally, I would buy an R1, or CBR over a buell for overall performance, but again, to each his own. I love Buells, but if we are splitting hairs...
    There is one thing to note here...the swingarm can be removed and put back to stock. This is purely a bolt on item with no permanent modifications.
    www.toxicchoppers.com , www.allenbros.com

Hey thanks for posting it man, regardless of what they say, it's actually a chill mod, it's not my cup of tea but thats why I ride what I ride, a BUELL because it isn't everyone's cup of tea...

NOW FOR ALL OF YOU WHO RAGGED AND DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY AT ALL....WHY DO YOU RIDE A BUELL? AND HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU HAD PEOPLE TELL YOU THAT IT'S UGLY OR YOU'RE STUPID....SO ON...AND...SO FORTH. DON'T FORGET WHY WE'RE HERE, IN PART TO CELEBRATE OUR INDIVIDUALITY AND TO SHOW THAT WE STICK BY OUR GUNS AND RIDE THE BEST MACHINES (FOR US THAT IS) ON THE PLANET.

Hey man I'm sure that if anyone has any questions about some custom parts they won't hesitate to ask you... I wouldn't. BTW

Those brass balls of yours, what do you use to shine em'? :D:p

NOW FOR ALL OF YOU WHO RAGGED AND DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY AT ALL....WHY DO YOU RIDE A BUELL?
    A forum is for opinions, facts, ideas, gatherings, information, etc....

The people who ragged that bike did just that....ragged "that bike". Not the company, concept, or craftmanship. Did you miss the part they wrote
    We can make an extended swingarm. What stretch and tire size?
    So the bike posted is just one example of their work, they can make any length with any tire size.

#1 suggestion for toxicchoppers. Personally I would like a plate/cover ( something ) over both sides of the swingarm to cover the tubes. This would give more of a "stock" swingarm look, with the paint matched to the frame. That would really clean up the back end. It'd make that bolt look like it was stretched on a taffy puller

That would be sick dozer, and nice way to phrase it.

Now I want taffy...:(

The swingarm was supposed to be the same color, unfortunately, it is a very unique color that could not be duplicated in powder coat. As far as "boxing" the swingarm...we tried it before final welding and it made it look horrendously big and chunky. It really ruined the whole look of the bike, but again, if a customer really wants it, we'll do it...and for the record, Troy Allen is a kick ass fabricator and a good friend. This guy really reminds me of why I got into the industry...first class guy all the way.
    I understand that this bike isn't for everyone...it's not even really my thing, but the thing is unique and really falls into a class all its own. Has anyone else seen a Buell with a 300 tire? As far as I know, it is still the only one in existence...except for the few other guys running our swingarm.
    Anyway, my feelings aren't hurt by the liberal use of terms like "gay" or "gangsta" or "crap". If I worried about what other people think, I would have been out of business a long time ago. So, to the guys that dig the bike...thank you, we appreciate the kind words. To all those that think it's "gay"...whatever, you probably wish you had one too, but if bashing someone else makes you feel a little better about yourself, then get on with your bad self.
    Peace my brothers, and keep the rubber side down.

As far as "boxing" the swingarm...we tried it before final welding and it made it look horrendously big and chunky.
    Exactly...just like the stock one :p

How does not running any exhaust affect the performance/power? Was this just done mainly for show or does the owner drive it alot?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast