Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spit & spudder

you can also check for vaccum leaks using a small propane torch and hose.buells are bad about vibrating the ground and positive connections loose.

it appears in your picture there is something plugged into the test terminal (where i apply jumper for eroor code) on the picture there is nothing plugged into terminal on my bike should there be
    ?

That's just the dust cover for the plug in the pic

kk

how do i go about checking for vacuum leaks with a torch, must it be propane i have mapp gas ?

get a small torch and put about 2 ft of hose on it.with the bike running open the valve on the torch and put the hose to the intake seals and throttle body base and listen for a change in the idle.this would work best while the symptom is present.

yea today the machine is running great cant get a spit spudder or idle issue this is the tough part with diagnosing problem some times it almost seems enviroment has something to do with it 40 degrees today it breathes deep and loud

Once you remove the Controller/ if the idling was your biggest issue?? Reset the Throttle Position
    and check it for a intake leak. Propane is a better way instead of mapp gas. Mapp gas is a hotter fuel but will work. Sounds like it's a fuel(controller) OR idling problem & Studdering may be the Tps sensor itself. Check the idle screw up front near Regulator [after] you have run a vacuum test and removed the controller then checked for leaks . Reset the tps if you can and see what she does,Do you have an Air box Delete? These Engines are designed to run lean. So clean plugs are good depending?post a pict., if possible and when completely done. Too much air will cause problems as well as not enough.
    There is good help here on the forum so post up if needed.Enviroment does have some bearing on driveability issues.Small Things first.Welcome to the forum.*Jimi

Thanks jimi i appreciate the post im leaving for a day on the machine today we will see how it runs, to be honest ive been reluctant to remove the controller just because itd been the only thing to make this bike run like it should, that being said im lead to believe it is a mapping issue. would i be correct in that? couldnt find any intake leaks but its still only 55-65 degrees here i appreciate the help. i can certainly post a pic of plugs after today

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12