Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Worst Day Ever What should i do

How is it going crewdawg. Sorry I missed you I think I PCS'd about the time you were getting back home. Hope you get your bike back together fast like!

Stensg- Its a mod for those with flexiglass ram air style fairing. The fairings dont run fans at all but supply mass ammounts of ram air at speed. Keeping the bike cooler on a track but on the street it overheats sitting still in under 2 mins. I was so in love with the way the flexiglass fairing looked i dremeled out a hole in the inner fairing of the flexiglass kit. I didnt make a right up but if your really interested and invested in the 1500 dollar fairing kit lol ill take some pics and what not.

Spud- No i havent gotten a R1 rim yet just trying to get it rolling first. Might need help in a couple weeks read on and youll see why

jakestoler- I know man i linked up with spud and was wondering where you ended up. But congrats on getting away from Campbell.

Ok so a lil back story firt. the bike together and running with the exception of the subframe. Eveerything work and i let the bike run for 20 mins plus on several ocasions just hooking up the battery and wires that go in the tail and resting them on the tire. I got the subframe and was putting everything together. Had a brain fart and tried hooking the battery up backwards (pos to neg neg to pos. Obviously it didnt take long to see my mistake the batt fuse popped and i cursed myself. Now everything is together but the fuel pump isnt working. it just makes a deep grinding noise there no whistle of fuel primeing and the fuel line is dry. (yes theres gas in it lol )
    looking at fuses i dont see how my batt mishap could have caused the fuel pump to ****. i mean the fuse did its job. Fuel system error comes up on the tach when i try to start. Used a voltmeter and all the wires to the pump have power with the except of the ground obviously. Everything seems to point to the pump being ****. SO two questions. Is there anything else it can be something i can try. And if not and im buying a pump is there a "upgrade" i can try to get or is stock replacement the only option.
    So close yet so far. going out off town for a couple weeks but when i get back this is priority 1

Thanks man. Spud is the man! I just finished WOCS. Sucked..

Are they sending you back here after flight school.

Who knows! It is a ways away

Shes running!!!!! Rode her about a hundred miles since the rebuild and only a couple small issues to work out.
    Chain drive is making a bad bearing humm/whine that im pretty sure is just the idler pulley. And im inexperience in making sure the chain and tires are in alignment. And lastly my fabricated fans for the track fairings keep the bike running at about 185 in 95 degree weather. but at speed 60mph and 3-4 grand rpm it stays constant at about 210-215 degrees. gotta figure something out there Try to get it below 200 Already running engine ice. dont know what else to do.

The undertail is cheap...only like $20 and that is from the dealer.

i Know i got one from the local dealer here as well as tail light housing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456