Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Height issue?

Hello everyone. I am 6ft tall with long arms and long legs. I'm going to buy a 2006 blast this Sunday but I'm wondering if I might be too tall for this bike. Does anyone have an opinion about this that may help me?

Hi,I am 6ft.with long legs and short arms,I have a firebolt and it makes me look like I am on a 250cc instead of a bike that has 984cc's,but it will really depend on how the bike is going to feel to you and if it is comfy enough for you,a blast is a good starter bike.

Try getting with Jet Lee he is one of the New/Old BuellForum guys and could prob give good advice on fitment and such

I'm not worried about how I look on the bike, I'm just wondering if anyone thinks that I might be to tall to comfortably operate it. Are there any 6ft blast riders in here? Thanks.

I'm 6'2". I am quite happy with my blast. I did change my bars to some lower ones and I ride on the passenger pegs. I plan on a set of rearset pegs with controls. Those seem to be the way to go for taller riders.
    Yes I look rather large on the bike.

I am 6' 2 and it isn't much of an issue. You could always go with rearsets in the future as well. Then you would have a similar let position as the other Buells.

for me it wasn't so much the seat height as it was the position of the Y arms. With rearsets .

this is the riding position with rearsets:

Thanks. I'll let you know how it works out.

I was gonna say, we have a couple people that are 6'+ riding Blasts just fine.

Thanks guys.

6'3" low seat. kinda want a higher seat... but... hey i bought the blast to have fun, and with so little money into to it, different seat or rear sets can come later.

I'm defiantly pushing the boundaries of small bike tall man, but i don't mind how i look, i just have fun.

I say just rebuild your seat higher. Remove staples, pull black cover, buy some yoga mat and shape it however you would like using scissors, sander, and electric knife. Then buy some covering at a fabric store, pull tight and staple down. Thats how I do all my seats for my bikes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast