Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to tighten steering up

DO NOT cover up the loose feeling with a stabilizer!

Get that tight feeling back before you install the stabilizer. I have a hyperpro to install, just have not had the time yet..

But if you install the stablilizer you might just mask the real problem. You say it went down, how bad was it?

If it was fine one day and right after a wreck, you migh have broken something important or really screwed those bearings up.

When you stop, can you hear/feel a clunk in the bars when useing front brakes only?

If you can, jack up the center of the bike, leaving the front un-supported and make sure someone holds the bike up for you and they are not touching the front forks or bars or anything that moves in the front end (as this could offset your findings)
    and grab that front wheel and pull out and in horizontally, if you have ANY play there you need to check the bearings and replace or tighten them. if its a good amount of play like more then 1/4 inch that would mean (for me) an automatic replacement of the bearings.

good luck!
    -Robert

Well I guess you could say I had my first spill today, well kinda any way, was getting the mail when one of the neighbors dogs got out and ripped me off the bike, and I just love it when the neighbor comes out and says it must have been my fault that he went after me, but thats fine I had to let the neighbor know that I will handle the dog right next time, with my lawyer "Springfield Arms XD-9", but now I need to due some cosmetic work on the Bike, since it fell hard on the left side, need to find a web site or somewhere that I can order OEM parts, looking for the turn signal, handle bar "it has a slight bend in it", and shifter, any help would be greatly app. I've been to americansportbike they have the shift lever but not the rest of the parts
    I'm not covering anything up, the bike is very sound, went through the steering yesterday, there is no play at all in the steering it's just that it feels loose, well not as loose as before, but still not as tight, but now I'm thinking it's just that i'm getting very use to the feeling of the bike.

yep, maybe just a confidence thingy...

I have the LSL annd it hides nicely up front . no sticking out here.

Sorry ya'll, after looking around I found the steering damper I meant, it's not LSL it's the STORZ brand, and this is what I meant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12