Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blast 2009?

Hey, new member here, hope to stay if I get my hands on a blast of my own. I went to the Harley dealership today in order to look into buying a new Blast, however the sales rep told me Buell is not making the Blast in 2009. Is this true? It is still on their website... any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Not true. We have a couple of them.

Hey Seth, your dealer is just hoping you'll convert to a Harley, what a tool/douche bag or as I like to call em' BagO'Douche... Go to another dealer...

Oh BTW, you're dealer is full of crap, they are still making/selling the Buell Blast in 09. Maybe you could have BPG call and straighten your harley guy out.

Go to another dealer and get an 09'brochure for the Blast.Then go back to the salesperson and ask him to explain himself;):p

Haha okay... I have contacted another dealer and he says they are currently on backorder for him. I am going to get on a waiting list... hope it doesn't take 12 months like my last vehicle purchase!

I doubt they would have it on backorder. This is the most popular bike for Buell. I bet if you look around you could find a 08' still on the floor or someone trying to sell one with low miles on them. I would recommend the latter as you can save a lot of cash but just make sure theres not a ton of damage from people dropping it :).

"I doubt they would have it on backorder. This is the most popular bike for Buell."
    This is why there would be a backorder, right?? Anyways, the ETA is 3 weeks. I don't want to go used simply because I do not trust independent sellers who are not accountable for duping someone like me who knows nothing about how a motorcycle works. Plus they are usually not more than $800 cheaper.

Go with what works for you, new might just be better for you because it will give you a chance to find out how it (the motorcycle) runs and is supposed to run. Also there is this wonderful thing that I've read about online somewhere

WARRANTY!!!!

But if you buy new make sure the salesman is giving you exactly what you want, don't settle for anything less.

why not got for the XB9SX? I think anyone who is going to be a semi-serious rider would outgrow a Blast in about 45 minuts. You could prolly get an 08Xb9SX for less than 7.5

Hey Thaloc, I was on a 250 dirtbike for years, 2.5 year hiatus from riding, got my XB9SX and it was too much bike for me for the first few months. If I wasn't from a family that rides alot and had already told me to learn the bike first I would have probably wrecked it. Just my 2 cents, you can always trade it in later on something else if you want to. Besides, there are plenty of mods out there for the blast to make it plenty of bike for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast