Thread: Questions about warranty

I just had my 1000 mile service(800 miles late,lol).Yes, I found an awesome dealership finally!!! Uke's Harley/Buell...Wis./IL. border. Seems that Eric Buell has interest in this dealership, as he used to race with one of the tech's in early stages of his career. This dealership is very exceptable of, as well as pleased to see a Buell rider. They go out of their way to make you happy, as well as very informative. I would totally recommend for service(Wally)as well as sales(Colin). The service tech wrote me up a great quote on a D&D muffler, race ecm and filter. My question comes in with the warranty after the install. I know it voids the warranty, what does this mean to me? Will I have problems with other issues; should any arise? Will this combo cause any new issues I should be aware of? I am extreemly happy with the "stock" bike, I would like a better sounding exaust, and who can turn down more power:D I intend to race at the Thunder drags this year, but do not want to encounter any abnormal problems. I intend to ride there and back home after a full night of racing. Any thoughts or previous experience on this matter would be greatly appreciated...

Even though we install "race use" things on Buells at our dealer, we still allow them to retain all factory warranties if they have their work done here. I have heard of some of the customers running into some problems at other dealers as far as warranty work, but not very often. Most dealers, if they care about the Buells riders, will know how to work the Buell system to allow for mods.

if u dont mind me asking, what numbers did you get quoted for the d&d ecm and k&n?

The break down was like this;
    part# 29388-02yb...air cleaner...$58.45
    part# 32620-03y ...race ecm ...$188.95
    part# 443-11s ...D&D pipe ...$529.20
    labor x 4 hours ...$300.00
    -------
    grand total ...$1,076.60

P.S. thank you for your input BPG, always looking to help. How are you healing up bud? I hope you are well

I am finally back to work this weekend. Got clearance from work and the doctor to come back. Glad to get out of the house. Healing up better than they thought I would. Its one month today since the crash and I am already walking without crutches.

Well, I was back at Uke's Hd/Buell today for the free soft bag/ back pack...(search for participating dealers)(nice bag!)and I was talking to Colin( awesome sales rep/ track rider) and he informed me that there would be no warranty issues to speak of...unless someone shoves a potato in my pipe,lol. So I guess i'll be upgrading as soon as my tax check gets here. Anybody been to any of the track day events? I'm going to sign up for the Elkhart lake,Wi. If it's not full... I forgot to mention, after they reset the timing and the ecm, the bike runs even better than the first 1700 miles!!! I just love this Buell...and all the comments everywhere I go. Hope I don't sound too much like a salesman, but if you are in need of an excellent dealership in the midwest, go to Uke's, you will not be disappointed! And if your in Arizona, (as I wish I was) go see Buellpartsguy, I know he will give you the same. Glad to here your back bud...So did you decide on what you will by this time?

Waiting for the '08s to come out. Might be a few goods things coming.....