Thread: Neutral Switch

About three weeks ago I noticed that oil was leaking on both sides of my muffler. Since the bike is still under warranty i decide to drop it off at the hd/buell dealership. I call them this past friday and they say its still not ready. I asked them what the problem was and they said that i needed a new neutral switch and some sort of gasket. Does it really take more than three weeks to replace a neutral switch and a gasket? Im just getting really pissed because 1) ive been missing great riding weather and 2) i havent been able to ride in three weeks. bike is an 06 scg that just hit 6000 miles.

-G from Maryland

Yeah, I don't know if that is normal, but apparently it is acceptable to H-D to take that long. I can tell you that it takes the dealers a long time to get Buell parts. 2 months on mine, and still waiting for some parts. All I can say is bitch, loudly, to the service manager.

I just dont understand why it takes so long when I have three buell dealerships next to my house lol. Annapolis, Frederick and Laurel (where my bike is currently). Im not really one to bitch, ill just have a conversation with the service manager when the bike is ready. I just feel like three weeks is way too long to replace a gasket and a neutral switch. I had no idea that H-D was so slow. Thats pretty lame after consumers give them all this money for their bikes. Well I guess im gonna just work on this bike from here on out like my car. Anyone else experience these delays from H-D?

order it from asb or something and you'll have it in a week :o

the problem with harley dealers...they don't stock buell parts.
    unless it's a pro-buell dealer ;)