Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 08 ECM

U rock dude, thanks!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH this sucks need more power

Quote Originally Posted by BuellPartsGuy

I haven't seen a Race ECM for 08's and don't expect to see one.
    So, if I can't find a remapper. It's not done to place an open exhaust?
    Why Buell don't make anylonger race ECM's?

They just haven't produced one for the 2008 yet, this is not uncommon, I've seen it take up to two years for performance parts to hit the market (not for buell...)

I wouldn't even bet on them making one at all. EPA cracks down harder next year.

I saw the fine print on the page in the catalog. It says that the DDFI 3 fits the XBRR abd the 1125R. Guess I will go with the twin tech........for now,

I have an '08 with a June-'07 ECM.

ECMSpy seems to work fine with it.

I've heard that if I have my ECM flashed by the dealership, it will no longer work with ECMSpy.

That leads me to believe that it's just a firmware issue on the EEPROM that prevents the later-'08s from working, not the actual ECM itself.

If we're able to at least establish a COM connection (even if we can't read the streaming data), we may be able to push an old EEPROM onto the newer ECU's and see if it enables ECMSpy.

Anyone have a newer ECU they don't mind frying? :D

These guy's have it figured out and it seems it will be fairly cheap.
    http://www.ohiosportbike.com/phpBB3/index.php

I dunno if they do or not, hmm this sounds oddly like rolling back the firmware to 1.5 on a PSP so you can upgrade to custom firmware. Basic theory is reduce it to barebones stock firmware, then put in custom firmware which can be changed at any time, and then use custom whatever (game/video/music files). Wouldn't have to fry it, if the push doesn't work then you should be able to get it re-flashed at the dealership and start over, also the dealership should have the original firmware as well as the upgraded one, shouldn't take much convincing at the right dealership to get that put on there. Anybody got some input?

The late 07/early08 Buell parts catalog offers a programable kit for about $800.00 USD. The info states it works like Harley's Screamin Eagle software. and in small print is only available to current "licenced" race teams. So I would believe a separate "Race ECM" is not in their future plans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast