Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new rear pirelli trashed

anyone have issues with tire rubbing swingarm? the bike had a nearly new pirelli 130-80-16 mc 64p on which promptly got destroyed after about 100 miles. i dont what size you can go on this, apparantly not the size mentioned. the only other thing i can think is that im too heavy at 250lbs and it distorts the tire? thats probably not the case. so im gonna need to buy a tire, can anyone suggest a size to use?

You should get the Pirelli Diablo Scooter tire - rear is 140 70/16. You had the wrong size tire. This pirelli will bolt on without issue and will not rub. The front you should have 110 70/16. Motorcycle superstore is the cheapest.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

140/70/16 is the golden oversize rear for the Blast- the guy you bought from wasn't reading the forums :)lol

ok thanks ill get one ordered. hope this one lasts until it arrives. i think i might have to stay off of it. its like mushy tar in the center where it was rubbing. it feels really squirrely...lol. too bad the po didnt put the right size on. he must not have rode it after he did because i checked it out pretty closely before i bought it.

Changing out the rear is very easy. Shouldn't be a problem. Just take pictures or note where all the spacers correctly go. When you put the axle back through, grease it up pretty good so it slides in easier and then use a really sturdy long phillips head screwdriver on the left side when tightening the bolt.

Is the pirelli the best tire to get? I need a new rear tire, and would love to find something that will last longer than about 5000 miles.

Lol at a Pirelli scooter tire.....sorry that's just funny as hell to me.

Lol at a Pirelli scooter tire.....sorry that's just funny as hell to me.
    I laughed too.:D
    It's all good probably cheaper

Yes, the pirelli diablo scooter tire is by far the best all the way around for the Blast.

Rear 140 70/16 and fron 110 70/16 is the largest one can go.

They are really great tires. However, they are not necessarily the longest lasting tires. If you look on badweather they probably have considerable more info on what tire last the longest. The pirelli is just the best performing tire.

I tried looking on there, and couldn't follow the threads. Most of them, it seemed like I was coming in the middle of the discussion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast