Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Engine Mount bracket

SO i hit A pot hole That Rocked my world literally and my beloved buell of 3 years is now not her normally blasting self wondering if i could get some advice the front isolator /engine bracket depending on who u ask has clean snapped in half i am having trouble finding a replacement part also wonder does anyone if anyone has a cheap solution for raising the engine without buying a 1 ton lift ill post some pics of it

Dam, that was a hell of pot hole, I have used a concrete block and 2x4 to make a emergency jack, just use it as a lever and when you get it where you want, use some scrap pices to block the 2x4 and hold it there, good luck

Right i also checked some photos i have had from a long time ago turns out bike been like this for 2 plus years im lucky to be alive and still have a bike let me know if u know where to find a replacement part sure is getting hard to find some for these buells

Ufound some used parts on ebay for pretty cheap worst part of all this I just order my pierrell diablo two days ago but I got the sheared bolt out of the head useing easy out and some patience but got it all apart now I need is my parts waiting on the post man now ig ill clean the lil girl up make her shine again

Ok, has happened before and it is usually due to one of two things.

1. Motor Mount failure

The motor mount is the piece of rubber that is attached to the "do not remove" brace that severed. Check it out and probably a good idea to replace it while you are there. What happens is that that it cracks and pulls through placing too much torque on the head bolt, and the head mount that broke. One or the other gives way eventually.

2. Head bolt comes loose and does the same.

To replace motor mount and the brace place a car jack under the engine and lower it until you have access. You don't need much room. Place a shop rag or something to keep the jack from scratching the underside.

Need help let me know.

Use the parts manual to order what you need. You will also need Buell head bolts and loctite.

I
    II

Believe it was the result of a lay over. Unfortunatly

Ouch - any other damage?

Would still check the motor mount as if you are there, mine as well do it. Otherwise you may just end up doing all this over again way too soon. I would check the rear motor mount bolts as well. They are prone to breaking. There are a few achilles heals of these bikes, HD just won't admit to it.

Hopefully the posted manuals are of some use.

Yeah thankfully I have service manual as vague as it can be at times haha but one question do u think a bad front isolator might have played a role in over vibration? I'm debateing on replaceing mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast