Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just brought my new bike home and now it wont start!

Mine was doing the same thing, was in storage for a few months with no fuel in the tank, ran fine when I took it out of storage and put fresh fuel in it. Wouldnt start the next day, tried plugs, tps reset, messed with the AFV and Cold start enrichment and nothing worked. This morning I pulled my fuel pump and this is what I found.....so hopefully this is what the issue was, im putting it back together now and we'll see what happens.

His started... Probably left key on and flooded... Hopefully...

Don't change plugs yet. Someone should have the anti foul directions. It's a post.08, so.it should work. Same as 1125... I think its full throttle, switch to run, turn key to on. do not start. This fires plugs for 4 seconds clearing chamber. What I do is right hand full throttle, left hand turn bike to run then left hand turn key... Wait. Key off, switch off, throttle off. Throttle on, amd repeat. Do not start. You should eventually hear a sort of fart.. this is it burning off plugs.

If.im wrong with the order, someone please correct me.
    Ding Ding Ding! Winner! I did what you said, and it fired right up like nothing was ever wrong! I did the cycle 3 times. I never heard a fart sound, lol, but it seems to have worked. Thanks!

Congrats! I had same problem last year... Pulled.front plug .it.worked. my friend called.me out.on it this year when same thing happened and i bought plugs... Glad it.was the easier route! It's 08 and on. All Harley and Buell!

Dandan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12