Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is next for my Blast??

Well I picked this up 3 weeks ago and have jetted the carb to 48/175 got the superboot and did the velocity stack also added the superbike bars. Since then I have done the primary adjustment,trans oil,engine oil. What performance mod should be next it has a jardine exhaust also.

Rear sets

17" wheel set.

17" wheels will make the handling suck like a superbike - you want rearsets - then supension and brake parts. 16" wheels and tires puts you in formula bike handling - lol
    EZ

This is a 2000 the rearsets say 01-09 can you still have a passenger with them also?

Low profile mirrors.
    Paint the silver stuff black.
    Wheels.

EZ, I'm going to have to politely disagree with you. With the way I did mine it's shorter, lighter, better tire selection, and has a better lean angle. It corners way better.
    But there aren't too many people that took it as far as I did.
    Matt

How did you convert to 17 inch wheels? What rims? Modifications?

Haven't known many who have done this, but from the accounts that have their are minimal advantages, and handling suffers.

Pitbull - Banke - get the higher set - then cut off the the front part of the Y arm holding the front - fill the gap and either paint it the stock frame color or my favorite - black to match the Banke set up color. Its been done - see rearsets section on the BADWEB Blast section - lol - you could maybe do the same with the Crossroads - but I suspect there would be other clearance issues with that set up - seen it done with the Banke twice.

Loose one - lol - you have your bike handling as good as any superbike - your bike's stance suggests just that. However, EB - in his modeling of the Blast freely admitted that the bike was made at a cost point, however, he also wanted to give the bike some potential in case HD allowed him to do a specialized Blast - that low CG, tight wheel base, and Tri-ology of Tech., and 16" wheels where right out of the Formula bike styles and designs, if the Blast lost about 70 lbs - it would be close to formula weight (just as the 1190rs is witch has a formula type suspension and handling style) - Erik really did want to take a stab at doing a Sport Blast but HD kept shooting the idea down, so he had to finally give up on it and go on. I think the closest guarded secret in motorcycledom - that superbike riders do not want to acknowledge is the simple true fact that Formula bikes handle better than superbikes. It would ruin the thought that power is king, and superbike sales would not do well. The reason formula racing still flourishes and continues is because a good number of riders in Europe know this to be true, and enjoy riding truly great riding machines - where precision skill wins over power.
    EZ

xb9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast